Why become a member? ×

Is Thomann open at the moment?

Skinnyman

I was thinking of ordering from them but not sure whether they’re open during the German lockdown. 

There’s nothing on their website one way or the other so before I hit “Order Now” has anyone dealt with them recently?

They are open but.... 

the normal slick service is stumbling. I was told my order would be late as one item was missing. Then told the order would be sent in two parts because one item was out of stock - but not the same item as previously missing. 

I emailed to ask if I could swap the now out of stock item for a different, more in stock item, but I seem to have broken them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Slower, but still open.

On the Julia comments, she does not appeal to me. Her technique is good, and her timing is fine. But it just isn’t exciting and her feel does not appeal to me.

Now this “Julia Plays Groove” lady on the Youtube is another matter, she improves every time she posts a video and can play with a lazy feel as well as on the dot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just had an email from Thomann. There's a backlog in their qc department (presumably covid related staff issue) which is delaying some orders.

I have read that while their basses are assembled in China they are checked in Germany before despatch . Nice to have this confirmed. Probably explains why Harley Bentons are so consistently better than they ought to be at the price point, and always arrive in tune and set up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stewblack said:

Just had an email from Thomann. There's a backlog in their qc department (presumably covid related staff issue) which is delaying some orders.

I have read that while their basses are assembled in China they are checked in Germany before despatch . Nice to have this confirmed. Probably explains why Harley Bentons are so consistently better than they ought to be at the price point, and always arrive in tune and set up.

Have a look on YT, there seems to be a bit of a debate on how thorough the QC checks actually are....

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

Have a look on YT, there seems to be a bit of a debate on how thorough the QC checks actually are....

I can only go by my experience. Some people can nit pick and fault find better than me. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, karlfer said:

Hmm, ordered last Thursday, it's staggered as far as Frankfurt today. Not exactly scintillating.

I ordered a recording interface that seemed to crawl across Germany according to the tracking and then suddenly it was in the UK and out for delivery. Fear not.

• Like 1