Why become a member? ×

Wireless rigs

Graham Milton

Anathema..? Surely not..? It's a very practical solution for many. We have a Smooth Hound system, which performs well, although we play out in public only very rarely, so can't give a 'professional' opinion on it. There are many others, more or less expensive; what's your need and/or budget..?

Smooth Hound here as well. Only issue i had was when doing a support gig on a busy stage with their sound desk behind the bass amp ? Their vocal mic receiver was next to desk and bass amp where my Smooth Hound receiver was sitting. It didn't affect the sound a great deal but it did jump about a few frequencies at the start of sound check and then eventually settled down. I could hear a very fast millisecond drop out on occasion but as i said it settled down. Wouldn't normally have 2 receivers sitting that close to each other. They were approx 1-2 feet apart and almost in line with each other if that makes a difference.

Other than that its been absolutely perfect.

Dave

15 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

I used a BOSS WL20 and it was great. No faffing about with settings (it automatically finds the best frequency to use), no leads, no power packs,  just two bugs, one in bass, one in amp, sorted.

Same here.

Works very well and couldn’t be easier to use.

1 minute ago, Graham Milton said:

Thanks for your responses to this. Does the Smooth Hound wireless rig come with a conventional 3 pin UK mains plug?

Yes its a small transformer unit plugs into mains socket with a low voltage cable and connector that fits into socket at back of receiver.. 

Dave

2 minutes ago, Graham Milton said:

Many Thanks, I even got a reply from Chris Fryer who owns Smooth Hound, telling me the same thing. My confusion was caused by a negative Amazon review, which was the result of a mistake which Chris made me aware of. I think I'll give this unit a try. Regards

If you know someone near you that you could try theirs (once the lock down has passed of course)

On 18/04/2020 at 09:27, mikegatward said:

Another smooth hound fan here and can I add a call out for their excellent after sales service

+1 ^^

Been a Smoothhound user for 3 years now. Liked them so much I've ended up with two: one for each of my pedal boards. And to my surprise they've actually outlasted just about everything else on those boards!

Chris has been fantastic whenever I've needed any assistance.

Edited by Al Krow