Why become a member? ×

Trace 410H - V Series

Thornybank

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='417811' date='Feb 23 2009, 08:25 PM']I think Mewsie might have something to say on that...[/quote]

Haha, well I can safely say that optometrists are most definitely NOT all the same.

I'm curious about this 'surgery course' though. Think he might be having you on about that ;)

Intristin', that.

There are some basic procedures for which the NHS have a long waiting list and they tie up lots of resource for basically in-and-out ops. So... there are courses to train opthalmic opticians to do teh procedures, adapt their premises, get a nurse on board and turn these around. He already has state of the art retinal scanning kit and software, and has saved a good few eyesights where GPs and geriatric visitors have missed pressure build up from diabetes, and early onset galucoma cases. Unfortunately, the NHS is not fronting for the training.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='417606' date='Feb 23 2009, 05:14 PM']Yes, its not listed on this site:

[url="http://www.trace-elliot-v8.com/"]http://www.trace-elliot-v8.com/[/url]

(We've discovered another one, lads!)[/quote]

That will be number 79 then! still makes my old one the newest out there ;)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Hamster' post='418656' date='Feb 24 2009, 07:13 PM'][attachment=21015:V8_FRONT.jpg]

....... and the 3 substantial handles on the top mean what exactly!? :rolleyes:

Does the optometrist also do hernia repairs? :D[/quote]
;) ''showing off'' or ''just careful'' I suppose.
:) Our drummer can carry my V8 on his own, he uses the middle handle before the gig and outers after, when he's pre'occupied the guitarist and I use the outer handles.

Chassis number ''79'' like finding an old race car that you'd not heard about.

Its got the oval name plate which was intro'd in later chassis.

Exciting stuff......

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='417540' date='Feb 23 2009, 03:47 PM']Good point, well presented. I shall have a look at it tonight.

Thornybank, whats the serial on the amp? I can only see one for the cab there?[/quote]
The internal fuses which sit on the output valve board, were a problem with the amp, they were only fitted due to some EU safety laws, so I was told. They were modded through the production, but the last evolution was to remove them and hard wire the connection, mine has this mod and I think the man himself did the work.

• 2 months later...

V8 went a while back...

Current Trace amps:

AH150
AH200
AH250
AH500

Current valve bass amps:

Fender Bassman 135
Hiwatt 200
Sound City 100/120/200
Marshall JMP 50/JMP 100

But you probably want a V8....
...sigh....

• 2 months later...

[quote name='SS73' post='427039' date='Mar 6 2009, 12:38 PM']The internal fuses which sit on the output valve board, were a problem with the amp, they were only fitted due to some EU safety laws, so I was told. They were modded through the production, but the last evolution was to remove them and hard wire the connection, mine has this mod and I think the man himself did the work.[/quote]

Hey,

care to elaborate a bit about those fuses? My V8 had fuse issues a couple of years ago. It blew one of the power tube fuse holders plus some circuit board component (resistor or something).

I'd like my V8 to be more reliable.

Bart

Edited by Phyrexian