Why become a member? ×

Are you Michelin star or greasy spoon

KingPrawn

Just now, musicbassman said:

I don't understand it.

I've tried to follow James Jamersons hot sauce recipe exactly as he first made it...

But somehow it just doesn't taste the same as the original............ :scratch_one-s_head:

You need to leave the saucepan uncleaned for 10 years, and don’t change the spatula....ever. Also cook whilst lying on the kitchen floor, having imbibed the cooking wine (allegedly) 

• Haha 1

I think I'm like one of those restaurants you see on Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

I look pretty good until you delve deeper, then you discover the freezer is full of shop bought, the fridge has mould growing everywhere and the chef is some dysfunctional idiot who taught himself to cook!

I do a pretty good 'Tears of a Clown' though 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ubit said:

I like to jazz up my beans with curry powder or chillis. Plain old beans are boring. Unless you use Branston beans. They are much saucier.

You can keep the curry and chilli, but you're right about Branston beans -- they are more hefty. And more expensive of course... I think they must have an all-valve preamp stage. 👍

But I reckon there's a nice balance in a good clean cafe-quality breakfast, with sausage (drummer), bacon (guitarist), fried eggs (singer), fried bread (BVs), and mushrooms (keys) and a serving of catering-quality beans (bass player)...

... I've made myself hungry now. 😛

I'm incapable of following the recipe but don't get any complaints with what I dish up as long as it's greasy spoon. Anyone who thinks the ingredients are wrong can eff off and pay £75 for a 2oz. steak with a green bean balanced on it.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Japhet said:

I'm incapable of following the recipe but don't get any complaints with what I dish up as long as it's greasy spoon. Anyone who thinks the ingredients are wrong can eff off and pay £75 for a 2oz. steak with a green bean balanced on it.

Ive just had baked potatoes (slow cooked in the oven with oil and salt rubbed on the skins to make them crispy) with cheese for lunch but I am rather partial to a nice steak done in a nice restaurant as well. Does that make me a sell out?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ubit said:

Ive just had baked potatoes (slow cooked in the oven with oil and salt rubbed on the skins to make them crispy) with cheese for lunch but I am rather partial to a nice steak done in a nice restaurant as well. Does that make me a sell out?

Yes.

• Haha 1

I'm post-pub, pre-big shop cupboard exploration adventure.

Yes, I get that under any normal circumstances people aren't gonna like instant noddles with chopped chorizo and tinned mackerel in spicy tomato sauce stirred in. Indeed they may baulk and my liberal addition of five-spice, garam masala and chilli oil, and they may be appalled at my choice to serve it on a garlic and coriander naan... but screw it, this is what I've got, this is what I've decided to do, and I'm not getting paid for it, so that's what they're getting.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NickD said:

Yes, I get that under any normal circumstances people aren't gonna like instant noddles with chopped chorizo and tinned mackerel in spicy tomato sauce stirred in. Indeed they may baulk and my liberal addition of five-spice, garam masala and chilli oil, and they may be appalled at my choice to serve it on a garlic and coriander naan... but screw it, this is what I've got, this is what I've decided to do, and I'm not getting paid for it, so that's what they're getting.

Sounds niiiiiiice!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NickD said:

Can you do Sex on Fire? 😄

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, NickD said:

Avant garde jazzer?

• Haha 1