Why become a member? ×

Are you Michelin star or greasy spoon

KingPrawn

Watching Masterchef I drew a comparison between those Michelin star chefs they work with and bass playing.  I have decided I'm greasy spoon and a little bit Greggs. Im consistent and you know what you get. The stuff I play is mass market and goes down well, makes people happy. I've got a bit of Waitrose in me but no one ever seems to need it.

Your thoughts?

I'm unbuttered, unadorned Ryvita. Plain and adequate, especially when there's nothing else. Occasionally the right dose of austere crispness.

On guitar, I'm a fry-up in a four-star hotel. Untidy, filling, and a little bit too arty for most tastes.

6 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

Watching Masterchef I drew a comparison between those Michelin star chefs they work with and bass playing.  I have decided I'm greasy spoon and a little bit Greggs. Im consistent and you know what you get. The stuff I play is mass market and goes down well, makes people happy. I've got a bit of Waitrose in me but no one ever seems to need it.

Your thoughts?

Good evening fat fighters.  How many of you like bass?  I like bass, don't you?  Hmmm?

We all like...every now and then...to have...a bit...of bass. 

Oooooh, I love a bit of bass.  Hmmmm.

Oooooh, bass. Oooooh, bass. We LOOOOOOOOOVE the bass.

Bass. Bass. Bass. Bass.

I'm just one of these people.

I come home and I need a bit of bass. 

Buttery. 

Biscuit.

Bass.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I like beans on toast. 👍

I like to jazz up my beans with curry powder or chillis. Plain old beans are boring. Unless you use Branston beans. They are much saucier.

• Like 1

I'm a DIY home cook. Rarely use a recipe, often substitute ingredients for ones I don't have but the finished dish usually tastes good, to me at least. My concoctions may have a flavor of the original, but with a subtle difference.

Never wanted a Michelin star. Too much pressure and heightened expectation. People sitting down and thinking "Go on then, impress me".  And from what I have heard keeping the coveted star often means the food is pushed to the background and presentation and fancy sauces take over.

• Like 2