Why become a member? ×

Eastwood Custom Shop Hooky Bass 6 Pro

2elliot

Surprised this didn't get a mention in these pages. Eastwood have gone ahead and offered a replica of Peter Hooks Shergold Marathon 6. The prototype has been through it's paces with Hooky during his last tour and it's now being offered for sale.  I haven't put a deposit down yet but I am very tempted. 

https://eastwoodcustoms.com/projects/peter-hook-signature/

It's been discussed in the later posts in this thread about Bass VIs.

I have a red one on order, but the delivery date keeps getting put back. Originally it was for the end of March and now is at some unspecified date in June. Generally I'm not a fan of the Eastwood approach where interesting and quirky guitars and basses have everything that made then interesting and quirky removed by using standard parts and hardware (compare their versions of the Ovation guitars and basses with the originals for what I consider to be the worst of this practice) so you end up with something fairly standard that just has a different body shape. However as far as I can tell to get this bass right Eastwood have had to make a special bridge and pickup so there is hope.

I've played one of the original Shergold models so I have a good frame of reference to compare it to.

I didn't know that Eastwood were still taking orders. When I put down my deposit there was a deadline of early March if you wanted one.

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 1