Why become a member? ×

Love this Sandberg

andytoad

1 hour ago, Cuzzie said:

Looks like they have the electronics wrong

Looks like Sandberg pick ups and a passive bass as opposed to Delano’s and active 

Yup, it’s not a Bass Direct advert if there isn’t something wrong with the info somewhere!

Hasn’t stopped me buying from them though - at least their knowledge is better than their copying and pasting! 😂

1 hour ago, Cuzzie said:

Looks like they have the electronics wrong

Looks like Sandberg pick ups and a passive bass as opposed to Delano’s and active 

The whole spec at the bottom of the page is wrong... White hardcore aged finish? I think not ;) 

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely read the sandberg thread 👍🏻

Yep, all necks are plekd

I've a TT4 and Basic KT, both with Sandberg pups, the TT is passive the KT is active, both are honestly fantastic. 

I've not used the TT in a band setting yet, stupid coronavirus, but at home it just sounds stunning. Full on Jazz tone but with a smaller lightweight body, better neck, zero fret and flatter board. 

The KT is a monster (twin humbuckers), really defined and clear in a band mix. Mine is very hot and very loud, awesome for rock, loads of tonal variety. 

They're both in my profile pic.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ClassicVibes said:

I've been looking at Sandberg's more and more recently and am thinking of going down the custom route. 

Are all the necks PLEK'd at the factory?

Any experience of Sandberg's own brand pups?

2 lots of own brand pick ups - standard and black label.

For a vast generalisation standard are leaning more towards a vintage sound, black labels More punchy and hotter.

Both very very good

Plek’d at the factory, I have seen the machine in action - it’s cool if you are a geek like me.

Great basses on their own or with pedals etc. In some ways of you like using pre amps in your amp or pedals the normal Sandbergs are very useful as they are not too hot to overload a signal

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 1

My MarloweDK with Sandberg pick ups do not have a sandberg logo on. Some of them will, normally the split coil.

If buying second hand if it has Haussel pick ups they also tend  not to have a logo as well.

If you do see a second hand one and want the exact specs and the owner is unsure, then you can email Sandberg with the serial number and they will tell you what is what when it left the factory.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, andytoad said:

I scratched the itch in the end btw by purchasing @TorVic lovely Sandberg. Very happy with it too, the neck feels super comfy and really responsive.

Before I bought my custom I played about 6 or 7 of them in PMT , and the thing I noticed most was how nice the necks were to play, that was the selling point for me , which one did you get Andy 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Before I bought my custom I played about 6 or 7 of them in PMT , and the thing I noticed most was how nice the necks were to play, that was the selling point for me , which one did you get Andy 🙂

This one, really pleased with it, modern sounding compared to my usual tastes...

• Like 2