Why become a member? ×

NAD pending...

Painy

As my job has been furloughed until the end of May but I also received a small bonus today, I have purchased a little something to keep myself entertained with. 

A bargain at £250 from Facebook marketplace but sadly not local enough to collect whilst out shopping so here's hoping it survives DPD bringing it to me. 

Screenshot_20200415_164219.jpg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

I've just bought one, too, along with a sealed Ashdown 1x15! It's set up ready to go, but I've been taming the garden today. Tomorrow will be a studio day!

Nice! That the one that's been on ebay?

Screenshot_20200415_181056_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

I had a great sit down with the amp today with a mix of basses. It's a great core sound and easy to overdrive the front end at low volume by plugging into the 'low' input. Even the 'high' input is quite sensitive. I didn't get to push the power section hard, but the VU was just about hitting the red from 9 O'clock on the volume knob, especially with an EB-0, so I imagine it starts to really grind from there on out! I used it with the Ashdown cab, which seemed to have a bit of an air leak from the tweeter- I may just remove the HF driver, but will also try the amp with a couple of Barefaced cabs (Super Midget then Big Twin II) which may prove to be more sensitive and therefore kick out greater clean volume.
It's a lovely round, gritty breakup from this thing though, fantastic with flats or rounds!

Sounds awesome! I'm definitely looking for some nice valve grind and bite (I usually run either a Tech21 VT Bass or Leeds into my ABM500) so looking forward to seeing what kind of sounds I can get out of this.

This will now be my day tomorrow:-

Screenshot_20200416_224712.jpg

Well it arrived today just after lunch. 

Only been able to have a five minute play with it so far but it sounds amazing! Pleasantly surprised by how loud it is too - through just my little Mini 48 cab my wife was shouting at me before I managed to get it to break up with my precision.

I think, with a bit of PA support, there's a good chance it'll be plenty loud enough for onstage at most of the smaller venues we play at. Couldn't be happier! 

IMG_20200417_131740.jpg

IMG_20200417_140741.jpg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Merton said:

Looks badass on the Mini 48 :)

Looks great doesn't it. I have the mini 15 to go with it so looking forward to the opportunity to set it all up. Probably overkill for my kitchen though. 

Bigger gigs I'll probably run it alongside my ABM500 and 610 as I've done before with my little Five 15 head. 

IMG_20191130_195842.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

@PainyI've just realised from the video link in your signature that your guitarist doesn't have a stadium-sized amp stack behind him. It is in fact, the door to the Gents' toilet.

And there was me thinking "bloody guitarists...."

You're not the first person to make that mistake. 😜

To be honest, the 100w Marshall and 4x12 is more than enough anyway. 

• Haha 1

On 17/04/2020 at 14:23, Painy said:

Well it arrived today just after lunch. 

Only been able to have a five minute play with it so far but it sounds amazing! Pleasantly surprised by how loud it is too - through just my little Mini 48 cab my wife was shouting at me before I managed to get it to break up with my precision.

I think, with a bit of PA support, there's a good chance it'll be plenty loud enough for onstage at most of the smaller venues we play at. Couldn't be happier! 

IMG_20200417_131740.jpg

IMG_20200417_140741.jpg

Cool. Who made the sleeve for the ABM? It's just what I need for my Mesa M9. 

• Like 1