Why become a member? ×

*SOLD*: Sandberg California-I VS4 Precision, MN, Aguilar 4P-60
£695
The Hague, Netherlands

TorVic

Bass is in excellent condition, includes the original Sandberg gig-bag.

• Ash body
  • One-piece Maple neck + maple fretboard (22 frets with 0 fret)
  • Aguilar 4P-60 pickups
  • Glockenklang 2-way 9V active preamp (push/pull volume knob for active/passive - tone knob works as tone control in passive mode (passive tone has a classic gnarly 60s P-bass tone and active bass a modern boosted tone)
  • Sandberg hardware in gold finish (slightly faded over time)
  • Nut width: 40mm
  • Weight: 4.2kg / 9.2lbs (on hanging luggage scale)

Edited by TorVic
SOLD
  • Like 8

Absolutely gutted Vic.

If you had put this up last week, this would be mine (literally just got a VM4 SCA), it's almost exactly what I wanted.

If my LE Roasted Blues Precision Pro P/J goes in time, I will have this.

Keep safe Vic,

cheers,

Karl

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 1

Ah, my old bass 'Goldfinger' originally commisioned from Sandberg in 2014! I used to have gold bell and bridge covers on it, with Optima gold strings to complete the look :)

Do you still have the Klopmann PB63 pickup it originally came with Vic? A terrific bass, GLWTS !

• Like 1

The Kloppmann pickups are great but I swapped with the Aguilar 4P-60 from another (Pino-like) P-bass. I think it sounds better on this bass in passive mode and also goes along much better with the preamp. 

There are no holes for the bridge cover but I recollect now that the pickup cover came with it. Have never used it and am not sure where it is at home. Will have a look.    

20 minutes ago, TorVic said:

The Kloppmann pickups are great but I swapped with the Aguilar 4P-60 from another (Pino-like) P-bass. I think it sounds better on this bass in passive mode and also goes along much better with the preamp. 

There are no holes for the bridge cover but I recollect now that the pickup cover came with it. Have never used it and am not sure where it is at home. Will have a look.    

Cool, good to know. I bet the Aguilars sound excellent. And you're right! Now I remember that the generic gold bridge cover I bought would not fit, as it was designed for a BBOT rather than the more substantial Schaller 3D bridge. Cheers and take care :)

• MB1 locked this topic