Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! 1977 Yamaha Pulser Bass 400
£680
Barcelona

emilibass

Hi Basschatters,

Up for sale my Yamaha PB400 built in Japan in 1977, according to its serial number (001313). The overall condition is quite good for its age (42 years). It has a few chips on the side between the bridge and the jack, but it doesn't affect playability or the looks. The bass is all original, except for the knobs (new quality ones I bought a few months ago). The body is ash and the neck is maple. It plays nicely, with a good low action with hardly no buzzing. The neck is comfy, smooth and straight. The truss rod works perfectly, as do the electronics and all the hardware, including the tuning pegs. It weights exactly 4kg, a tad below 9lb. In my opinion, it's as good as any Japanese Fender copy in the 70s - I'd dare say that they are even better, according to my experience with Squier JV. It's a really solid, trustworthy bass, which growls and grunts like a true P bass. These Yamahas are really amazing instruments. It has loads more personality than present Fender P to me. You won't be disappointed. 

posterior.JPG

frontal.JPG

IMG_3545.JPG

IMG_3544.JPG

Edited by emilibass
Sold
  • Like 11

• MB1 locked this topic