Why become a member? ×

Decal changing

Jeff29361

Remove all the hardware, sand down the front of headstock until the logo is removed, make sure you use super fine sandpaper (2000 grit) lastly so surface is silky smooth, then make sure the headstock is clean and apply the decal. Leave it to dry then you need to add clear coat over the headstock to seal and protect the decal, leave for a couple days to cure. Then polish up.

This is an abbreviated series of steps, but gives you an idea of what's involved. The finished look will be nowhere near as professional looking as it currently is. There are many video tutorials on YouTube.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I assume it's a waterslide decal @Jeff29361, built up your lacquer in very light coats, allowing to tack off quite well between coats. It's quite easy to melt waterslide decals with the solvent if you get the lacquer too wet.

Apologies if you're already aware of this. 

🙂

1 hour ago, Maude said:

I assume it's a waterslide decal @Jeff29361, built up your lacquer in very light coats, allowing to tack off quite well between coats. It's quite easy to melt waterslide decals with the solvent if you get the lacquer too wet.

Apologies if you're already aware of this. 

🙂

Thank you, I am doing this, I have a chart on my kitchen wall tracking the coats, lockdown is getting to me 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jakester said:

Looks good. Just out of interest, where did you get the decal?

Have a look on eBay (search for 'instrument decals'). People will make them to order. I had this made up (can't remember the guy's name who did it, I'm afraid) and intend to put it on the Bitsa when I get around to it.

IMG_0889.JPG

Edited by Dan Dare
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Have a look on eBay (search for 'instrument decals'). People will make them to order. I had this made up (can't remember the guy's name who did it, I'm afraid) and intend to put it on the Bitsa when I get around to it.

IMG_0889.JPG

Thanks - I’m after a ‘Bender - ImPrecision Bass’ one!