Why become a member? ×

Online Bass Lessons - All ages and abilities, with a focus on the style of music you love.

chrisaxe

Online Bass Lessons

Bass lessons for all ages and abilities, with a focus on the style of music you love. Whether you are a seasoned player or a complete beginner, I will work with you to tailor a comprehensive syllabus focused around your musical goals and ambitions, with a strong foundation of essential musical theory.

Slap, fingerstyle, plectrum and palm muting; all techniques can be covered, as well as sight reading, scales and modes, ear training, critical listening and performance skills. Just want to focus on one genre or player? Not a problem - I can create in depth case studies of particular bands, techniques or bassists.

All you need is your instrument, your laptop or phone and an internet connection. I have Zoom fully setup with my interface so I can provide you with high quality audio, and you are welcome to record our lessons to watch back at a later date.

About Me

I have extensive live, studio and teaching experience, with several international tours and credits including performances at Glastonbury Festival, Cheltenham Jazz Festival, Bristol Beacon, Edinburgh Fringe Festival and The Great Escape Festival. Live radio sessions include BBC Radio and FIP Radio, and soundtrack work for film and television including Sky and Aardman Animations.

I am a bass tutor at the British Institute of Modern Music teaching BA (Hons) and FE Diploma courses.

Editor of ‘Jamerson Analysed’.

Founder of ‘TAPEDOWN RECORDS’.

Website - https://www.chrisaxe.co.uk/

I look forward to hearing from you.

Edited by chrisaxe
Updated Info

Happy to say that Chris is a fabulous teacher. I had lessons with him after decades of bass playing and he has transformed my ability and knowledge. 

I've put myself up for work I would never previously have contemplated, got the gig and the follow up. 

He's also a lovely bloke, highly recommended. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stewblack said:

Happy to say that Chris is a fabulous teacher. I had lessons with him after decades of bass playing and he has transformed my ability and knowledge. 

I've put myself up for work I would never previously have contemplated, got the gig and the follow up. 

He's also a lovely bloke, highly recommended. 

Thanks for the kind words Stew, hope you're keeping well!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...