Why become a member? ×

Sold please remove
£400
Kings Lynn Norfolk

basslondon

Well Ladies and Gentlemen. 

I bought  this bass last year through Ali Express and with the shipping and taxes and duty it stands me about £450. I got it to serve as a platform for upgrading the hardware as the electronics and a hardware are basic. After about 6 months of not having the opportunity ( time) and now being furloughed indefinitely I don’t have the cash to carry out the upgrades. 

It’s constructed out of Maple (through neck) and has a very thin veneer of Spalted maple on the body and headstock. It has a rosewood fingerboard but I don’t know what the other woods ( the stringers for example maybe walnut or mahogany maybe something else) it’s a solid 5 KG so not for those of us with dodgy backs. 

The bridge is unknown Chinese origin but the Omega/badass is a good replacement. The pickups are the same size as EMG 45’s which is a six string pickup so bear this in mind if you are looking to replace the rather ordinary ones in there already ( the Aguilar 6 sting bars pups  fit too!)quite why they chose a six string pup for a five string bass is quite beyond me....the active Pre is  a 9v OEM design neither awful or outstanding.

The real value of this bass is the quality of the body and neck ....it’s simply Amazing for the price. It’s heavy poly finish protects the wood and it’s a beauty to play too. 

And....the less said about the cheeky butterfly at the top of the headstock the better. I’m not passing it off as anything else but the cheap Chinese bass it is and it’s suitability for a platform for upgrading. 

Offers & trades? Sure, hit me up with what ever you have...

Message me if you have queries etc.imageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2

3E5A3941-4ABC-44E8-A73E-585C634F3BAC.jpeg

619BD500-3AAA-401A-BAB1-7C162F2A33CE.jpeg

A8E0BE01-B571-448F-9919-6DBE435C51EE.jpeg

82BD9C65-0480-4248-BD9F-BCCCAAF5FA92.jpeg

A7D352D7-63D6-439E-9DCA-05B7B62F385D.jpeg

4965FF22-975A-4EFD-8639-DFE0598DC3B0.jpeg

4B15B2F6-FCBC-4A59-BD97-588F505B479E.jpeg

Edited by basslondon

17 hours ago, basslondon said:

quite why they chose a six string pup for a five string bass is quite beyond me...

Because they had them it looked ok. Most of those things are just made to look ok.

I have a fake bongo, it has two battery compartments at the back, as bongos are 18v. One of them isn't even routed, it is just an empty battery compartment! Handy as a spare I guess as they didn't wire it up to work anyway.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, prowla said:

Crikey - taxes must've been huge!

Well the VAT was £71.75 and the duty was £8.75 on a £349.00 bass so sorry it stands me £430 .50  in not £450. Not far off mind...

19 minutes ago, basslondon said:

Well the VAT was £71.75 and the duty was £8.75 on a £349.00 bass so sorry it stands me £430 .50  in not £450. Not far off mind...

It is something to factor in when buying from abroad.

• Like 1

ive just been made aware  that I paid way over the odds for this when I bought it. In this case the price has had a £100 reduction and is available immediately without the 8 week wait of a new one. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, basslondon said:

ive just been made aware  that I paid way over the odds for this when I bought it. In this case the price has had a £100 reduction and is available immediately without the 8 week wait of a new one. 

You're a gent, sir!

Neck is straight, action is about 4 or 5 mm til about the 14th Fret then rises to 5 or 6 mm by fret 24 (doing the measurements with a diy tape measure not a micrometer so might be a mm or so off)

Neck thickness is about 22mm (so neither  thick not thin ..it’s thinner than my Shuker Jazz but similar to my Status Empathy 5. 

String to String Spacing:

at the nut: 9mm ( string centre to string centre)

at the  12th fret : 12 mm

at the bridge : 16mm

nut width is  42 mm