Jump to content
Merton

Ashdown NOS builds

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I believe it’s in reverb.com. I see a LB-30 and the 424 small block . These aren’t the NOS builds but the 427 amp on that side looks superb 😘. Some store in Italy 

That’ll be a separate set of stuff I suspect, not sure they’ve built any of these yet and I’d expect them to be on the Ashdown reverb store not an Italian store? :)

Edited by Merton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Merton said:

That’ll be a separate set of stuff I suspect, not sure they’ve built any of these yet and I’d expect them to be on the Ashdown reverb store not an Italian store? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Merton said:

That’ll be a separate set of stuff I suspect, not sure they’ve built any of these yet and I’d expect them to be on the Ashdown reverb store not an Italian store? :)

Ashdown 427 Small Block

Ashdown 427 Small Block https://reverb.com/item/18725709-ashdown-427-small-block?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=18725709

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Merton said:

Why oh why did I follow that link 😫😂

I know , it’s a pretty reasonable price isn’t it 🤔

I just don’t think I could live with a 427w, 35kg behemoth. Think of the cost of s service...you’re talking £200-300 just to replace the power valves . Oh but it’s a thing of beauty 😫

Edited by Quilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2020 at 15:56, FinnDave said:

I can't see anything about these amps on their website or facebook page, is there some secret site that I don't know anything about? I've only been using Ashdown for the last 12 years or so, so perhaps I'm still too new for these!

I just got an email today with the link to  to the stuff they're selling on their own site. A nice chrome fronted ABM 600,  4BTAs,  a cartload of Retroglide 800s, LB550s..... lovely stuff..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah well, think of the temptation I'm avoiding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FinnDave said:

Ah well, think of the temptation I'm avoiding!

Ha, I could just send you the links!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Muppet said:

I just got an email today with the link to  to the stuff they're selling on their own site. A nice chrome fronted ABM 600,  4BTAs,  a cartload of Retroglide 800s, LB550s..... lovely stuff..

Same here, in the interests of sensibility I’ve deleted it.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lozz196 said:

Same here, in the interests of sensibility I’ve deleted it.

It's still there, whispering to you faintly from your deleted items......."Lozz, click on my links..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not received the email myself :( Probably a good thing though 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Muppet said:

It's still there, whispering to you faintly from your deleted items......."Lozz, click on my links..."

It’s not faint at all, it’s positively shouting the house down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Muppet said:

 

It would be a shame if you didn't have a chance to experience the same pain as those of us who did, so.....

https://ashdownmusic.com/collections/last-chance/last-chance?sort_by=manual

 

I only logged into basschat this morning to check @Merton had that link!!!

I’ve not been amp shorting for a long time, but some really reasonable prices on the valve amps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve decided to go and get some of my old Trace gear fixed up and restored in an attempt to distract myself from all this Ashdown NOS malarkey 😬.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In truth, I was thinking Retroglide. Then I realised most of my studio work has been shelved for as long as we're all in lockdown, so it might not be the best time to spend £500. Bummer....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was considering the LB550 but realised it makes no sense:

My RM800 does small, light and loud and the drive circuit does a very good valve-esque bloom

My LB30 and CTM100 do valves, neither are particularly cumbersome.

My ABM has a valve drive circuit in the preamp which sounds pretty good too.

I have no gigs even without lockdown.

Don't therefore need a small light loud valve-preamped head.

Can't believe I'm being sensible.

Oh well, off to look at some bass guitars instead. Sanberg Lionel, ACG, Marooooschick etc here I come.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not at all surprised to find Merton sitting pretty in this thread 😅

I was very tempted by the LB30, but sadly it sold before I could decide.

It would have looked lovely next to my chrome ABM600 and chrome CTM300, but sadly the LB30 I think will always be ''the one that got away'' for me and my Ashdown collection.

The 427 would be a lovely rare beast to have, but something with that much grunt is just too much for me.

Now... if a Spyder 550 head was to emerge from the shadows, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

Edited by BruceBass3901
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small block 427 (1 available) or BTA400 (4 available) just £1199!!! 😮😮😮

Mrs Painy would probably divorce me though - and knowing my luck take the sodding amp as part of the settlement! 😔

At least I already have a little CTM30 on its way to me now as consolation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, mikegatward said:

Took the plunge on the LB550 rather than the tweed CTM30 I was mulling over.

I’m really tempted by these, but as I currently have an ABM600 and an RM500 and am in a band that doesn’t gig, even if it could I really have no need of one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BruceBass3901 said:

I'm not at all surprised to find Merton sitting pretty in this thread 😅

I was very tempted by the LB30, but sadly it sold before I could decide.

It would have looked lovely next to my chrome ABM600 and chrome CTM300, but sadly the LB30 I think will always be ''the one that got away'' for me and my Ashdown collection.

The 427 would be a lovely rare beast to have, but something with that much grunt is just too much for me.

Now... if a Spyder 550 head was to emerge from the shadows, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

I actually bought one from Merton there before Christmas and it’s a gem of an amp. Had an LB-30 many moons ago. Great sounding amp but don’t expect a clean tone at gigging volumes. I think the CTM100 probably has the best of options 

Edited by Quilly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I actually bought one from Merton there before Christmas and it’s a gem of an amp. Had an LB-30 many moons ago. Great sounding amp but don’t expect a clean tone at gigging volumes. I think the CTM100 probably has the best of options 

I was eyeing Merton's one as well, but sadly reality struck and my music-fund had to take a hit.

Keep me in mind if you decide to shift it? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...