Why become a member? ×

Ashdown NOS builds

Merton

1 hour ago, eude said:

Would they honour the price and hook you up with a new one?

Eude

Unfortunately not. Mark answered my email query himself and it's a refund or pay extra for an 800. I've got a Retroglide 800 and just fancied trying a Rootmaster as it was a tempting price. I may have a plan B though.

So plan B is not needed.

I was sorting out the refund with Mark when an email appeared from Lee.

He apologised for the overselling issue but had found an almost new one I can have.

Decisions, decisions.😉😉

Hopefully with me next week.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, franzbassist said:

Just picked up the last OR-110 cab.  Should work nicely with my Little Stubby 👍

94269634_10157191835021828_3556261190562

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with this.  I must confess I was tempted myself.

I was very tempted by a pair of these when they were first announced as I recall that their power handling rating was very high for a 110. I think Lee was implying that 2 or 4 of these with a CTM would be a nice modular setup to suit people gigging in a variety of different sized venues.

24 minutes ago, Merton said:

3 more? Obvs the CTM300, what are the other two? :D

Yup the CTM 300, a 6x10 cab in the same finish and an ABM 600 Evo CS head. Also discussing a prototype Nate pedal. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, walshy said:

Yup the CTM 300, a 6x10 cab in the same finish and an ABM 600 Evo CS head. Also discussing a prototype Nate pedal. 

Excellent, excellent work sir. My one purchase feels somewhat pathetic now 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Merton said:

Excellent, excellent work sir. My one purchase feels somewhat pathetic now 🤣

😂😂 Yeah sold a lot of stuff and was planning on Ashdown but this sale has made things easier and less expensive too😂 Thanks to @AndyTravis for sorting stuff out too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, franzbassist said:

Just picked up the last OR-110 cab.  Should work nicely with my Little Stubby 👍

94269634_10157191835021828_3556261190562

I've got two Mi10 cabs, the predecessor to these ones, and with a powerful amp, they kick out a hell of lot of tone and power. A bit of compression is required to tame a low B a bit at volume to protect the speaker cones, but all in, they are fantastic bits of kit, and I expect these newer 1x10s will be even better!

Enjoy!

Eude

9 minutes ago, walshy said:

Yeah sold a lot of stuff

You mean non-essential internal organs, don't you?

Great purchases! Some magnificent amp purchases there. Do you not have a BF610 too? 

16 minutes ago, Muppet said:

You mean non-essential internal organs, don't you?

Great purchases! Some magnificent amp purchases there. Do you not have a BF610 too? 

Sold my Handbox and CTM100 as well as my Vanderkley cab so the splurge was justified 😂 No I sold my Barefaced 610 too. Still love my Ampeg SVT VR and 4x10 and they’ll stay, the sound is mighty! 

• Like 1

Since this all started, I look in the Ashdown webpage everyday to see what I can buy. Unluckily, I could only afford the OV1 meters (but I'm exciting about it). I was about to buy the RM112 cab but I was too slow. The Little Bastard 550 is really tempting (even though I already have the RM500 and a Spyder330). The BTA is probably the amp of my dreams 🤤

PS The pre production NM2 flew (I was thinking about buying it and now it's gone). I'm thinking about the regular NM2 or the Drive Plus. I am familiar with the latter (I had one). But the NM2 sounds too good

21 hours ago, javi_bassist said:

Since this all started, I look in the Ashdown webpage everyday to see what I can buy. Unluckily, I could only afford the OV1 meters (but I'm exciting about it). I was about to buy the RM112 cab but I was too slow. The Little Bastard 550 is really tempting (even though I already have the RM500 and a Spyder330). The BTA is probably the amp of my dreams 🤤

PS The pre production NM2 flew (I was thinking about buying it and now it's gone). I'm thinking about the regular NM2 or the Drive Plus. I am familiar with the latter (I had one). But the NM2 sounds too good

Yeah I nabbed the Stacked Actor pre production pedal amongst other bits. Nice bit of history to have. 

• Like 1