Why become a member? ×

Ashdown NOS builds

Merton

7 minutes ago, Muppet said:

So simple! Much appreciated @Merton. Hope you’re enjoying it 😊

I am! The music playback isn’t half bad at all, the bass works great, the recording function is dead easy and works perfectly latency-free. Very happy with it for the price. Not sure the wife is as happy with me making noises though....

1 minute ago, Merton said:

I am! The music playback isn’t half bad at all, the bass works great, the recording function is dead easy and works perfectly latency-free. Very happy with it for the price. Not sure the wife is as happy with me making noises though....

Stop talking the damn thing up @Merton! I'm resisting getting one as a practice/recording kit with a bonus of a decent speaker for my tablet.

7 minutes ago, Merton said:

I agree. Connecting my tablet to it via Bluetooth makes a perfect practice tool. I did try the Apptek software but the amp on its own has a great sound. You can tell it’s Ashdown I think. 

My Meters OB-1-B just landed!

Initial impressions are very good but take a little bit of getting used. May be worth noting that these B-Stock ones were the V1, so without the EQ switch that lots of online reviews mention.

I've been using my Marshall Major IIIs for a long time, but do remember the initial transition being very similar, with EQs on devices needing tweaking a bit to my taste.

Very comfortable, very cool, very Ashdown!

15 hours ago, BassBunny said:

Been expecting an RM500 today and just found out they've "oversold" them.😖

That's one thing I was worried about with this as they're selling on Reverb, their own Shopify store and eBay all at the same time, and there's some crossover in the goods, sorry hear you've fallen fowl of that. Would they honour the price and hook you up with a new one?

Eude