Why become a member? ×

Ashdown NOS builds

Merton

11 hours ago, BruceBass3901 said:

I'm not at all surprised to find Merton sitting pretty in this thread 😅

🤣 should I be offended or worried that I’m so transparent 🤣

The Spyder 550 is a superb amp, absolute bloody wonderful. I just couldn’t justify that and an LB30 and an ABM and a CTM100 and an RM800.... I don’t have enough gigs for two amps let alone 5. If money were no object I’d have another in a heartbeat.

Anyhoo, in other (related, honest) news Mark Gooday found three B-Social amps today too, and they are going for a bargain price. I k is there was a lot of negative press on her about them when they launched but the price point of these three is really bang on I’d say. In fact I say so enough to have reserved one 😳

46 minutes ago, walshy said:

Ha ha I did just that. I like the finish on it, quirky. Wait til the matching cab comes in 😂 Yep happily married and a few sales means balance has been restored. 

I’d have a hard time justifying another amp to the missus what with no gigs and 3 other amps sitting  idle. I got away with the last Spyder 550 - just 😅

A CTM-300 will be awesome !

Edited by Quilly
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Merton said:

🤣 should I be offended or worried that I’m so transparent 🤣

Well I see your regular comments in the Ashdown FB groups, so take it as being a known Ashdown Addict 😉

FWIW, once I worked out who you were (mainly but rig pictures) I was disappointed to learn that you are not in fact a bass playing meerkat.

Back on topic, those B-Socials have peaked my interest.

Edited by BruceBass3901
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, naxos10 said:

Mark has also found some 'old' stock amps as well and I just (accidently😁)pressed the button on a pre-production RM500. Ooops.

I also accidentally bought an ABM600 EVo IV Custom Shop as well 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, walshy said:

Aye it'll go nicely with the CTM300, should get them both this week. Bit of a wait for the custom cab though as you'd expect.

What cab have you gone for? A 6x10 with the same clothing as the CTM? :)

On 12/04/2020 at 23:37, Quilly said:

I know , it’s a pretty reasonable price isn’t it 🤔

I just don’t think I could live with a 427w, 35kg behemoth. Think of the cost of s service...you’re talking £200-300 just to replace the power valves . Oh but it’s a thing of beauty 😫

Hah !,  my heavyweight BTA300 has blown one of its 6 valves, (full set is 240, trade) which has taken down the Ht supply.  Luckily,   each valve can be biased separately so no need to replace all at the same time, as long as they will bias, good job. Good old Ashdown have emailed me schematics for the amp and repairs are underway,   a phone call got me even more useful info,  I have three of their valve heads,  thanks to the previous post for the  'link'.    Mmm ?

30 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

I know it's not really what they're up to here, but when it comes to discontinued models I'd quite like a pair of ABM-215s, the sealed, tweeterless 2x15 cab. I know there are plenty of reasons why that isn't the best idea, but being a damn awesome rig would be one thing in it's favour! My CTM-30 atop a 4x15" tower is an image I'll cherish, if not actually get to see in real life.

In fact, while I'm at it, I'll have the amp and cabs done out in the red tolex they offer. I've cheered myself up just thinking about it!

They were great cabs, have used a few over the years and they have a great sound to them.

1 hour ago, Taylor beach-blues said:

Hah !,  my heavyweight BTA300 has blown one of its 6 valves, (full set is 240, trade) which has taken down the Ht supply.  Luckily,   each valve can be biased separately so no need to replace all at the same time, as long as they will bias, good job. Good old Ashdown have emailed me schematics for the amp and repairs are underway,   a phone call got me even more useful info,  I have three of their valve heads,  thanks to the previous post for the  'link'.    Mmm ?

My amp tech was baiting me with his newly serviced SVT Ampeg yesterday . ....why oh why😫

3 hours ago, Merton said:

I've got the same but with white fascia arriving tomorrow 😎

2F39F7B9-901C-45C6-B338-25B444E6216C.jpeg

I've already got one of these but the grill cloth is a new addition - I'm assuming it's just a couple of pieces of cloth stapled to the back of the front panel? I would email Ashdown but they've not answered my last three emails to them so I've given up asking them questions..

8 minutes ago, Muppet said:

I've already got one of these but the grill cloth is a new addition - I'm assuming it's just a couple of pieces of cloth stapled to the back of the front panel? I would email Ashdown but they've not answered my last three emails to them so I've given up asking them questions..

I'll take a look tomorrow when it arrives and let you know :)

1 minute ago, Merton said:

I'll take a look tomorrow when it arrives and let you know :)

Thankyou sir. Oh and the wireless transmitter should last about 45 minutes until a recharge is needed.... 

That aside, it's the bit of bass gear I use the most! Hope you like it. 

• Like 1