Why become a member? ×

Ashdown NOS builds

Merton

1 minute ago, BruceBass3901 said:

I was eyeing Merton's one as well, but sadly reality struck and my music-fund had to take a hit.

Keep me in mind if you decide to shift it? 😉

Will do but for the moment will probably use this as #1 gigging amp, it has the perfect mix of tone , power, ruggedness simplicity (important for me - me not so smart) and practicality (it’s a bit heavy but not too bad)  but you never know, I might spot something that I “absolutely must have” and need funds quickly. 

Some great things up for grabs and I bagged the Nate CTM300 thanks to Andy 😁 Can’t wait, even ordering a matching cab in same tolex😂 Means my CTM100 is up for grabs now though. Bloody good amps and derive is excellent too!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, walshy said:

Some great things up for grabs and I bagged the Nate CTM300 thanks to Andy 😁 Can’t wait, even ordering a matching cab in same tolex😂 Means my CTM100 is up for grabs now though. Bloody good amps and derive is excellent too!

What cab did you go for?

2 minutes ago, walshy said:

Think I’m going 6x10, I deffo don’t need 2 8x10 like Nate! 

Is it ever really a question of need? Would 2 810s not 'spark joy' with that CTM?

EDIT: And are you going for the classic black grille? Or maybe the red or white cloth?

Edited by BruceBass3901
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BruceBass3901 said:

Is it ever really a question of need? Would 2 810s not 'spark joy' with that CTM?

EDIT: And are you going for the classic black grille? Or maybe the red or white cloth?

Same tolex, white piping and black grille. Same spec as his just...less! 😂 

5 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Why?

Cos I can’t afford it and don’t play mega stadiums for mega money😂 If I had a road crew carrying stuff I would though😉

929CBFF4-1A78-43D9-9BE5-244EA54AFF78.jpeg

Edited by walshy
  • Haha 2

Just now, walshy said:

Same tolex, white piping and black grille. Same spec as his just...less! 😂 

That will look wicked smart. Although, that tolex with the white cloth would look very sharp 😉

My CTM lives on top of very beaten up ABM810, but sounds great through the ABM610 as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BruceBass3901 said:

That will look wicked smart. Although, that tolex with the white cloth would look very sharp 😉

My CTM lives on top of very beaten up ABM810, but sounds great through the ABM610 as well. 

Yeah it may be too clean for me, waiting for Ashdown to let me know what the costs are. Love the CTM100, but I also have a Handbox WB100 so something has to go. 

5 minutes ago, walshy said:

Yeah it may be too clean for me, waiting for Ashdown to let me know what the costs are. Love the CTM100, but I also have a Handbox WB100 so something has to go. 

It’s a bad time to sell anything Walshy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, walshy said:

Aye I know. Reduced the CTM to stupid low and no bites. It’s almost new as well🤷‍♂️

I’d nearly withdraw is until things pick up a bit otherwise you might sell it for a song and regret it later , that’s if you can afford not to sell it. That’s just my opinion . Great amps , I have one myself 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I’d nearly withdraw is until things pick up a bit otherwise you might sell it for a song and regret it later , that’s if you can afford not to sell it. That’s just my opinion . Great amps , I have one myself 

Yeah I’m tempted to do just that. 

58 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I nearly sold an old Trace that needed a little work for peanuts last week and just had second thoughts at the last minute . Glad I did now . 

Yup pulled it from sale. Just played through it for an hour, bloody lovely. Ashdown man, its good stuff.

39 minutes ago, walshy said:

Yup pulled it from sale. Just played through it for an hour, bloody lovely. Ashdown man, its good stuff.

I saw your ad out of curiosity, way too little ...does this mean you’re selling the HB-100 then 🤔🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, walshy said:

37 minutes ago, Quilly said:

They go hand in hand with p style Basses I think 

Definitely, virtually made for each other.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Definitely, virtually made for each other.

Similarly I’ve an old Trace and I think they were tailor made for the musicman stingray . That metallicy scooped trouser flapping sound of indie 90s, think fugazi, ride, fall etc.

3 hours ago, walshy said:

Sorry , just twigged that you bought the CTM300 in 80s beige settee 😂😂, ya you need to shift some gear mate, are you married 😬😫😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quilly said:

Sorry , just twigged that you bought the CTM300 in 80s beige settee 😂😂, ya you need to shift some gear mate, are you married 😬😫😂

Ha ha I did just that. I like the finish on it, quirky. Wait til the matching cab comes in 😂 Yep happily married and a few sales means balance has been restored.