Why become a member? ×

Ashdown NOS builds

Merton

3 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I believe it’s in reverb.com. I see a LB-30 and the 424 small block . These aren’t the NOS builds but the 427 amp on that side looks superb 😘. Some store in Italy 

That’ll be a separate set of stuff I suspect, not sure they’ve built any of these yet and I’d expect them to be on the Ashdown reverb store not an Italian store? :)

Edited by Merton

43 minutes ago, Merton said:

That’ll be a separate set of stuff I suspect, not sure they’ve built any of these yet and I’d expect them to be on the Ashdown reverb store not an Italian store? :)

Ashdown 427 Small Block

Ashdown 427 Small Block https://reverb.com/item/18725709-ashdown-427-small-block?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=18725709

1 hour ago, Merton said:

Why oh why did I follow that link 😫😂

I know , it’s a pretty reasonable price isn’t it 🤔

I just don’t think I could live with a 427w, 35kg behemoth. Think of the cost of s service...you’re talking £200-300 just to replace the power valves . Oh but it’s a thing of beauty 😫

Edited by Quilly

On 12/04/2020 at 15:56, FinnDave said:

I can't see anything about these amps on their website or facebook page, is there some secret site that I don't know anything about? I've only been using Ashdown for the last 12 years or so, so perhaps I'm still too new for these!

I just got an email today with the link to  to the stuff they're selling on their own site. A nice chrome fronted ABM 600,  4BTAs,  a cartload of Retroglide 800s, LB550s..... lovely stuff..

45 minutes ago, Muppet said:

I just got an email today with the link to  to the stuff they're selling on their own site. A nice chrome fronted ABM 600,  4BTAs,  a cartload of Retroglide 800s, LB550s..... lovely stuff..

Same here, in the interests of sensibility I’ve deleted it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Muppet said:

It would be a shame if you didn't have a chance to experience the same pain as those of us who did, so.....

https://ashdownmusic.com/collections/last-chance/last-chance?sort_by=manual

I only logged into basschat this morning to check @Merton had that link!!!

I’ve not been amp shorting for a long time, but some really reasonable prices on the valve amps 

I was considering the LB550 but realised it makes no sense:

My RM800 does small, light and loud and the drive circuit does a very good valve-esque bloom

My LB30 and CTM100 do valves, neither are particularly cumbersome.

My ABM has a valve drive circuit in the preamp which sounds pretty good too.

I have no gigs even without lockdown.

Don't therefore need a small light loud valve-preamped head.

Can't believe I'm being sensible.

Oh well, off to look at some bass guitars instead. Sanberg Lionel, ACG, Marooooschick etc here I come.

• Haha 1

I'm not at all surprised to find Merton sitting pretty in this thread 😅

I was very tempted by the LB30, but sadly it sold before I could decide.

It would have looked lovely next to my chrome ABM600 and chrome CTM300, but sadly the LB30 I think will always be ''the one that got away'' for me and my Ashdown collection.

The 427 would be a lovely rare beast to have, but something with that much grunt is just too much for me.

Now... if a Spyder 550 head was to emerge from the shadows, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

Edited by BruceBass3901
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Small block 427 (1 available) or BTA400 (4 available) just £1199!!! 😮😮😮

Mrs Painy would probably divorce me though - and knowing my luck take the sodding amp as part of the settlement! 😔

At least I already have a little CTM30 on its way to me now as consolation. 

43 minutes ago, mikegatward said:

Took the plunge on the LB550 rather than the tweed CTM30 I was mulling over.

I’m really tempted by these, but as I currently have an ABM600 and an RM500 and am in a band that doesn’t gig, even if it could I really have no need of one.

3 hours ago, BruceBass3901 said:

I'm not at all surprised to find Merton sitting pretty in this thread 😅

I was very tempted by the LB30, but sadly it sold before I could decide.

It would have looked lovely next to my chrome ABM600 and chrome CTM300, but sadly the LB30 I think will always be ''the one that got away'' for me and my Ashdown collection.

The 427 would be a lovely rare beast to have, but something with that much grunt is just too much for me.

Now... if a Spyder 550 head was to emerge from the shadows, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

I actually bought one from Merton there before Christmas and it’s a gem of an amp. Had an LB-30 many moons ago. Great sounding amp but don’t expect a clean tone at gigging volumes. I think the CTM100 probably has the best of options 

Edited by Quilly
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I actually bought one from Merton there before Christmas and it’s a gem of an amp. Had an LB-30 many moons ago. Great sounding amp but don’t expect a clean tone at gigging volumes. I think the CTM100 probably has the best of options 

I was eyeing Merton's one as well, but sadly reality struck and my music-fund had to take a hit.

Keep me in mind if you decide to shift it? 😉