Why become a member? ×

Ashdown NOS builds

Merton

4 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

What’s the LB550 like Merton 

Think @Chimike had one for sale & I wanted it but no courier. He's just about in a different time zone to me even before the lockdown threw another spanner in the works.

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, karlfer said:

Think @Chimike had one for sale & I wanted it but no courier. He's just about in a different time zone to me even before the lockdown threw another spanner in the works.

When lockdown is over and if he still has it I'd be happy to pick up if you wanted to arrange a courier. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wolverinebass said:

I was toying with a retroglide. Is it really 800W or are the specs rubbish?

It’s a bloody good power amp module (Same as in my RM800) but I’d say it was closer to a 4/500W class AB head in terms of the “heft” etc. It doesn’t run out of puff and start squashing the notes in a nasty way like some class D modules, certainly not at any volume level I’ve needed from it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Merton said:

Me too. Cannot justify the one they're building at all sadly. You get first dibs :D

I dunno , here I differ , I’m not crazy about having the internals exposed like that, much like the ampeg 20t, 50t amps . I much rather a traditional ‘cabinet’ and everything enclosed in a sturdy box. Each to their own I guess 

I can't see anything about these amps on their website or facebook page, is there some secret site that I don't know anything about? I've only been using Ashdown for the last 12 years or so, so perhaps I'm still too new for these!

23 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I can't see anything about these amps on their website or facebook page, is there some secret site that I don't know anything about? I've only been using Ashdown for the last 12 years or so, so perhaps I'm still too new for these!

Mark Gooday posted on Facebook about it. Seems like he’s using the lockdown time to build these himself from the various boards and bits they’ve got lurking. They’ll be on the website “soon” he says. Keeping my eyes peeled 🤓😳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Merton said:

Mark Gooday posted on Facebook about it. Seems like he’s using the lockdown time to build these himself from the various boards and bits they’ve got lurking. They’ll be on the website “soon” he says. Keeping my eyes peeled 🤓😳

I believe it’s in reverb.com. I see a LB-30 and the 424 small block . These aren’t the NOS builds but the 427 amp on that side looks superb 😘. Some store in Italy