Why become a member? ×

Jedson 4 string bass (pulled please delete)
£100
Aylesbury, Bucks

Bass Wielder

Jedson 4 string fretted short scale bass (24.5”). Japanese I believe.

Rosewood fingerboard on bolt-on Mahogany neck and 21 frets, two pickups, volume/tone controls in passive electronics with pickup on/off switches. Adjustable string height and spacing on roller bridge.

This would suit juniors, beginners, small hands, hobbyists, collectors or even pros (short scale tone).

Notes: fingerboard/fret damage to one fret which I managed to sort. Looks ok now (look at pics) and plays well.

This is from the 60/70’s so has a few playing marks but otherwise in good condition.

Included is a light gig bag.

Collection from Aylesbury, Bucks preferred or buyer arranged courier.

Edited by Bass Wielder
Gone!
  • Like 1

My first bass too. Wrapped mine in black sticky backed plastic from Woolworths and covered the scratch plate in tin foil. GLWTS I'd buy it for nostalgias sake but the missus would kill me.

1 hour ago, Woody1957 said:

I think there was another manufacturer called Zenta with a bass that looked exactly the same...anyone remember them?

Probably because it was exactly the same. 99% of headstock names (including Jedson & Zenta) were importer brands, and nothing to do with who made the instrument.

Btw Jedson was J. E. Dallas & Sons. See what they did there?

• Like 2

I had one as my first bass too. A cream one. My mum paid £25 for it at a local secondhand shop for me around 1973. Quite a sum for her at that time. That was the start of a lifelong obsession with all things bass for me!  GLWTS.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Probably because it was exactly the same. 99% of headstock names (including Jedson & Zenta) were importer brands, and nothing to do with who made the instrument.

Btw Jedson was J. E. Dallas & Sons. See what they did there?

It always sounded like a DIY store to me.

(There was one called Jepsons in my town.)

On 12/04/2020 at 17:57, djc63 said:

I had one as my first bass too. A cream one. My mum paid £25 for it at a local secondhand shop for me around 1973. Quite a sum for her at that time. That was the start of a lifelong obsession with all things bass for me!  GLWTS.

My cream one cost a bit more brand new in 1973...my Mum bought it for me on HP at 75p per week from a store in Doncaster.

Around the same time she also bought me a Dallas Arbiter Slider amp with little slider controls on top....not very loud and certainly not loud enough to hear above a drummer. I totally blame my dear late Ma for all the the thousands of pounds I've spent on the bass gear in the following 45 years. GLWTS mate, you've brought back some happy memories.

• Like 1