Why become a member? ×

ANDD (another new Dingwall day)

artisan

well only 4 weeks ago I received my lovely D roc,I am so impressed with it I decided to sell my Rickenbacker & buy myself a Dingwall Combustion,which has just arrived at work.

Fortunately it is very quiet so I've had time to have a little play & adjust the setup. My D roc came setup perfectly but I had to tweak this a fair bit to make it play nicely.

One odd thing though,there are no batteries in the battery compartment !

Is this normal ?

Every active bass I have bought in the past came with batteries installed.

20200409_114339.jpg

20200409_123451.jpg

20200409_123508.jpg

20200409_123514.jpg

Edited by artisan
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Acebassmusic said:

Nice bass 🙂 Most couriers state "no batteries to be installed" as part of shipping T&C.

That said, I’d predict most sellers (private ones at least) ship basses with batteries installed. In all honestly, who is policing this? Do couriers, who are already strapped for time trying to keep delivery schedules, really take the time to scan each parcel to ensure there are no batteries present?

Anyway, back on topic - cool bass! And you’ve got one of the newer Dingwall cases too! Where did you order from, @artisan?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Anyway, back on topic - cool bass! And you’ve got one of the newer Dingwall cases too! Where did you order from, @artisan?

cheers.

I bought it from Bass Direct same as my D roc 😁

Both came in factory sealed boxes,so I was the first person to open them since they left Dingwall 

Well I've had a good old play on it today & can confirm it is absolutely fantastic,so easy to play,amazing build quality & sounds very nice too.

I had one of the original combustions not long after they came out & found it sounded very bland,the newer ones are a big improvement.

I just need an NG3 now 😁

• Like 1

On 09/04/2020 at 14:05, CameronJ said:

That said, I’d predict most sellers (private ones at least) ship basses with batteries installed. In all honestly, who is policing this? Do couriers, who are already strapped for time trying to keep delivery schedules, really take the time to scan each parcel to ensure there are no batteries present?

I don't think anyone is policing it, but the danger is that since the PO changed their policy to no batteries, if (and that's a big IF) the package is found to have any, particularly if its an international package, you may well find it won't arrive where it's supposed to. So basically, it's not worth the risk. If this Dingwall hasn't been out of the box since leaving the factory, that may well be why it doesn't have a battery.

• Like 2