Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-94 Deluxe - SOLD
£2200
Woking

lowregisterhead

NOW SOLD

For sale is my Lakland 55-94 Deluxe, trans amber with a beautiful flame maple top, and a maple neck with a stunning birdseye maple fingerboard. It's an early one, the serial number (55xx) dating it to 1998. I bought it from its previous owner in the States a number of years ago, and it came with Aguilar pickups and a Mike Pope preamp already installed. I also have the original Bartolini pickups and NTMB-L preamp and pots, which are included in the sale. The bass comes complete with a G&G lined hardcase.

For a 22-year old bass, it's in great condition, but in the interests of full disclosure there are a few small dings here and there which I've tried to show in the photographs. It's been well looked after, so it's in very good order for its age. At only 3.9kg, it's light for a five string, and balances on a strap beautifully. It's 35" scale, with 19mm spacing at the bridge, and through body or bridge stringing. The see-thru scratchplate is removable.

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, E sharp said:

Another lovely bass Dave . You do have an awesome collection .

I'd say good luck with the sale , but I know that this is one of your main basses , so not being sold lightly .

Best of luck .

Paul .

Thanks Paul, as sales go, it's a very reluctant one!

• Sad 1

Oh man dont do it... These early 5594,s are so special. I have 1999 5594 Deluxe....The golden era of Lakland without a doubt.  They dont offer 5594,s with the birdseye fret boards any more without a huge £ charge. That quilted maple is pretty insane also.. one of a kind proper Lakland 5594 you have there.

Edited by bubinga5
  • Thanks 1

Wow, man, you are massively tempting me with your Laklands, really love the blue one also, but I prefer a maple fretboarded, and couldn't afford to collect more than needed...  and here it is,  my wish is fulfilled.. :DDD 

love the sound but I had some 35" basses recently, and can't decide it  would be comfortable...

• Thanks 1

Do you wanna do a big sale out? Or just one instrument have to go, any of your collection?

I have a friend of mine living in Eaton, and now realised it's just a half an hour to go... 😈  I will face sleepless nights... :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SzunaP said:

Do you wanna do a big sale out? Or just one instrument have to go, any of your collection?

I have a friend of mine living in Eaton, and now realised it's just a half an hour to go... 😈  I will face sleepless nights... :D

There's just this 55-94 and my 55-76 for sale... that's all for now! 🙂