Why become a member? ×

PJ 5 Pickups

cgg199

Hi, I recently started a thread in the Repairs and Technical section looking for pickup advice but got no replies so thought I ask here where there's more traffic. Mods feel free to close or combine the threads if this is against the rules!

I'm currently in the process of having a 5 string PJ bass built, but I am yet to decide on pickups. I'm looking for something that sounds like a typical P bass, not too vintage but not too modern, as well as a humcancelling J pickup. There is going to be an East two band active circuit swell which can be bypassed. The bass is having 19mm string spacing so that will also probably limit options, but so far we have found Aguilar, Nordstrand and Delano. If there's any other options, or if anyone has experience with any of these pickup sets then let me know!

Hers the bass so far!

chrisg5.jpg

chrisg4.jpg

Thanks for all the replies! I've been swaying towards the Aguilar's ad I have a freltess jazz 4 string with them, so it's good to here such positive things! I'll check out all the other brands that have been mentioned aswell!