Why become a member? ×

Lee Sklar - Another 30 day FB ban

Kiwi

For any of you enjoying Lee's playalongs of Phil Collins and Genesis live,  Facebook have hit him with yet another ban. 

You'll be aware of Lee's vitriolic hatred for Trump and who can blame him?  I have lost count of how many bans he has received but this one is particularly inconvenient. 

Anyways his message to his followers is below.  No more playalongs on FB for the time being and that's a shame.   I found them fascinating. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BE3ZhJqgvcw

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes I’ve been following Lee’s daily videos too, and have really enjoyed them, especially his talking to camera or joke telling bits. Seems you can post ISIS beheadings but not criticise Trump.

Am I right in thinking Facebook own YouTube or YouTube are owned by Facebook?

37 minutes ago, John Cellario said:

Yes I’ve been following Lee’s daily videos too, and have really enjoyed them, especially his talking to camera or joke telling bits. Seems you can post ISIS beheadings but not criticise Trump.

Am I right in thinking Facebook own YouTube or YouTube are owned by Facebook?

I'm not on Facebook but can people really post ISIS beheadings on Facebook? That's mental if what you've written is true.

According to Wikipedia, YouTube is a subsidiary of Google and Facebook is owned by Facebook, inc.

Edited by thebassist

The number of racist things I’ve seen and reported on Facebook, only for them to reply that it doesn’t break their code of practice. Then he criticises Trump and gets banned, it’s stupid. He’s not alone though, I’ve seen a lot of people getting banned for similar things.

• Like 1

Yes Lee is continuing to post on Youtube now and relying on friends to post links onto his profile page.  So there is a work around.  Today's Easy Lover post was an interesting choon, I kept catching myself wanting to throw an extra ghost note into the riff but no, Lee plays one note and one note only.  Solid as a rock.  Sometimes when he reaches for those low notes he doesn't always grab the root note either.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ped said:

Is it just the way it’s recorded or is he intentionally playing behind the beat? Some parts sound really out!

He talks about this on his latest video, he's got one speaker and a small rig and admits it is not ideal. If he wore cans I'm sure it would be more in sync but I think he's going for the 'hunkering down homely vibe' with these.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ped said:

Is it just the way it’s recorded or is he intentionally playing behind the beat? Some parts sound really out!

He's playing along to an album and just listening through speakers. I'm guessing he hasn't got it turned up loud enough so he gets out of sync sometimes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Naigewron said:

He's playing along to an album and just listening through speakers. I'm guessing he hasn't got it turned up loud enough so he gets out of sync sometimes.

I watched Easy Lover last night and he said exactly this afterwards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been watching Leland where he plays thru the bass lines he used on the recent Phil Collins tour 

But he’s put this on YouTube and he’s not pleased at being banned from Facebook 

Solidarity with fellow baseman Leland

Edited by gareth
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

He was doing selfies with folks at the LBGS a couple of years back, rather then just getting through them, he seemed to spend a good amount of time chatting with them too. His clinic session was lovely, an man of massive experience sharing those experiences and the stories that went with them, like a kindly grandad chatting with the kids. Top, top fella with an unsurpassed CV.