Why become a member? ×

Mr Gone
£590
BRUSSELS

claude

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Your advert says you bought it 7 years ago! Not that it makes a difference! 

It's an interesting piece, but I think for most people the combination of the body modifications and the non-original neck make it a very hard sell. 

I'm sure it will sell at some point, I guess it depends how quickly you want to sell it. The price suggests you're happy to wait for the right buyer. :)

I think this (or some of it) might be easier to sell parted out than as a complete bass. The neck would look great on a precision body and the mustang bridge, pickup, neck plate, tug bar and control plate would be attractive to someone doing a mustang restoration or maybe even a bronco to mustang conversion.

1 hour ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I think this (or some of it) might be easier to sell parted out than as a complete bass. The neck would look great on a precision body and the mustang bridge, pickup, neck plate, tug bar and control plate would be attractive to someone doing a mustang restoration or maybe even a bronco to mustang conversion.

Totally agree.

I’m a big Mustang fan but this is so far removed from any sort of Mustang that it’s difficult to know who’d want it.

But yes, it has got some decent vintage parts which would be put to good use elsewhere much more easily I’m sure. 

Edited by bassbiscuits

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2020 at 14:16, bassbiscuits said:

Totally agree.

I’m a big Mustang fan but this is so far removed from any sort of Mustang that it’s difficult to know who’d want it.

But yes, it has got some decent vintage parts which would be put to good use elsewhere much more easily I’m sure. 

Good call I think it would be good for parting out I don't see it selling as it is for that price but you might get more parting it out scrap the body as its worth nothing and hopefully the other bits will go  I'm just trying to be constructive with my comments so please don't take offence 

Edited by Thunderbird

• 2 months later...
  • MB1 locked this topic