Why become a member? ×

Another midlander arrives!

Bassimmo

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all well, safe and happy as can be at the moment. I'm Joe from the West Midlands. I was a member a few years ago but cannot for the life of me remember my username! (Wasn't very active so nobody would remember me). With the current situation I've been getting back into the Bass to save me from the mindless boredom. I currently have a Jazz copy (Chord CJB62) which is bloody awful to be honest, the action is higher than Ozzy Osbourne in the 80s and it could show the red arrows how to execute a proper nose dive. (Are all jazzes so neck heavy? Bear in mind I play sitting down). I've found Rocksmith a great tool to get me started as i find it more fun to play along to songs I know, anyone else play this? 

Gear plans so far are to get either a Squier Affinity Jazz or a Vintage VJ74 and potentially modify them a little, hopefully they feel better than my Chord.....

Going to stay away from the for sale section as you're all giving me terrible GAS which is starting to drive the wife mad I think.

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome aboard!

At this point I would normally point you to the Midlands Bass Bash thread in the Events section and demand that you attend, but it's postponed for now. However if you do pop over and follow the thread you will see that we have had a first test run of a Virtual Bass Bash, and will be testing another platform "real soon now" :)

• 3 weeks later...