Why become a member? ×

The Real Me

JohnSlade07

We play this in our set and it gives me a good work out!!!!

Try:

[url="http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/realmebass.txt"]http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/realmebass.txt[/url]

for a good idea of the tab.

Jae tended to improvise when this was played live, so as long as you get the distinctive riffs right (noteably the ones that alternate with each line of the verses), you can ad lib the rest. I suppose I play about 90% as the record and the rest I just go mad!!!

Good luck on a great song.

If noone can get you it sooner, I *think* I have a transcription (guitars and bass) from Guitar World years and years ago which I could send over tomorrow.

I'm assuming you're on about the one from Bass Guitar Magazine a month or two ago - they totally messed up the print and ruined the intro.

[quote name='JohnSlade07' post='414798' date='Feb 19 2009, 09:53 PM']That's the one. I'm not the world's greatest reader but that completely baffled me. If you can send me a copy I'd be really grateful mate. Cheers.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure I have it at work so will look and [fingers crossed but I'm 87.3% certain its there] post it first thing tomorrow morning.

• 11 years later...

Rather than start a new thread, I'm 'resurrecting' this one.

There are multiple versions of the Real Me bassline, notably the original and the film soundtrack.

I'm trying to learn this version because there's also slowed down by 30% one which helps to follow it, but most of the tab seems to be a (significantly) different version . Closest to this is the 'official' Ultimate Guitar tab although it uses of different positions and even different octaves and varies in detail.

Can anyone suggest somewhere where there's a good tab that matches this version, or a good tutorial that breaks it down into sections?

The irony is it is technically pretty easy, its just that there are so many variations... I'd like to get as near as possible before deciding what to improvise and what to follow.

• Like 1

I like that guy. He's a real solid player. :hi:

In his words:

"For my videos I normally agonize over the correctness of every note but I'm not quite so demanding of myself for live material. I tend to pick and choose my favorite licks that I consider to be important and signature to the song."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I like that guy. He's a real solid player.

I like his (Troy's) choice of positions/fingering which usually suits me, plus you always get a really clear, vanilla view of what he's playing. Plus he seems to be pretty faithful to the songs AFAICS except he sometimes gets a bit fancy over the fade out 🙂

• Like 1