Why become a member? ×

Fretless Warwick RB Star bass 5-string
£400
Epsom, Surrey

Basilpea

Only bought this a few weeks ago, then found an MB2.  Condition is as new in original packing as sent from Germany.  Plays well, it has the original strings supplied but deserves some better ones.  Mirror finish (makes it difficult to photograph).  Thomann's current price is £925

Can post to UK address for £20.  Collection OK when government guidance permits.

5-String Electric Bass

• Top, sides and back: Maple
  • 4-Piece laminated neck: Maple with ekanga veneer stripes
  • Fretboard: Wenge
  • Fretboard radius: 660 mm
  • Frets: 21 Extra high, nickel silver, jumbo
  • Scale: 866 mm (long scale)
  • Just a Nut III (made from Tedur)
  • Nut width: 45 mm
  • Pickups: Passive MEC Vintage single coils
  • Passive electronics
  • Controls: 2 Volume & 2 Tone
  • 3-Way toggle switch for pickup selection
  • Machine heads: Warwick
  • Bridge: 2-Piece Warwick
  • String spacing: 16.5 mm
  • Distance B to G-string: 66 mm
  • Hardware: Chrome
  • Warwick Security Locks
  • Weight: 3.9 kg
  • Original strings: Warwick RED (42301 M) .045" - .135"
  • Colour: Black solid high-gloss

Further Information

Colour Black
Soundboard Maple
Neck Maple, Ekanga
Fretboard Wenge
Frets 21
Scale Long Scale
Pickup System SS
Elektronic Passives

IMG_3540.jpeg

IMG_3552.jpeg

IMG_3551.jpeg

IMG_3549.jpeg

IMG_3547.jpeg

IMG_3545.jpeg

IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3543.jpeg

IMG_3541.jpeg

• Like 4

Thanks for the pics :)

But I should have been more specific, sorry.  Are the side dots on the positions where the frets would be?  In other words, are they in the right place for fretless play?  I've been ambushed by this before, which is why I ask.

No problem.  In common with all Warwick basses (and all other sensible ones), the dots are on the fret positions.  I know this is important as I've had the same problem myself in the past - can't imagine why anyone would want the dots in-between the frets on a fretless bass??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Basilpea said:

No problem.  In common with all Warwick basses (and all other sensible ones), the dots are on the fret positions.  I know this is important as I've had the same problem myself in the past - can't imagine why anyone would want the dots in-between the frets on a fretless bass??

Thanks. 

I guess it's a thing to cut manufacturing costs, but it's definitely silly.

Yes I'm now the proud possessor.  I had to go a long way north of Watford to get it (luckily before the lockdown), but the trip was well worthwhile.  Loving every minute of incarceration now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jassbass said:

I’m not a fretless player but this just looks so good

Playing fretless is probably not as difficult as you think.  You'll never be a fretless player unless you give it a try - if it doesn't work out you should get your money back on this without much problem.  Put some nice flats on it though, unless you don't mind putting up with the wear on the fingerboard, and your fingers.

• Like 1

In my experience, dipping your toe in the Fretless pool is easier, if (in this case) you already play a 34” scale bass. 

You will know where the notes are on your Fretted, so use your tuner in line to practise a riff/tune on your Fretless checking your intonation as you go.... use a backing track. It’s not an overnight sensation but doable.

And this does look good, so much better than the “Jack Cassidy” Lookalike 😎

B

On 08/04/2020 at 18:29, Basilpea said:

Yes I'm now the proud possessor.  I had to go a long way north of Watford to get it (luckily before the lockdown), but the trip was well worthwhile.  Loving every minute of incarceration now.

NBD thread with pictures required.

3 hours ago, ezbass said:

NBD thread with pictures required.

Sorry, I forgot that.  Here are some quick tasters, I'll try to take some better pics tomorrow when the light is better.  I'll also give my comments on it so far, and I'll explain why this is a 4 string and I'm selling a 5 string (it's complicated).  Seems I should post it in the Bass Guitars forum anyway.

IMG_3499.jpeg

IMG_3500.jpeg

IMG_3501.jpeg

IMG_3502.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Yes it sold some weeks ago. Sorry but It won't allow me to edit the title as I have done before on previous topics, so all I could do was to add another post at the bottom which I did back in April.

BASS SOLD - PLEASE AMEND OR CANCEL