Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Session cake headphone amp/ mixer £9.99!

krispn

2 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

IOS cable? Mine had a mini jack to mini jack cable, nothing else. I plug the headphone out from the phone into the Yamaha's input, works fine.

Aye, it works lovely as an aux in cable, but if you notice, the ends have 3 bands, so I assume it's capable of I/O.

8 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Aye, it works lovely as an aux in cable, but if you notice, the ends have 3 bands, so I assume it's capable of I/O.

It is and I’ve used it for some recording onto my iPad with not terrible results.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve bought a 2m cable for my Dre beats which has 2 bands on the plugs , it works fine but does that mean it won’t record? 

I would assume so mate. 2 bands is your usual stereo cable. I just happened to notice the included Yamaha cable is 3 bands. I can't help much more than that, because the only I/O I use presently is USB (mixer to computer).

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I would assume so mate. 2 bands is your usual stereo cable. I just happened to notice the included Yamaha cable is 3 bands. I can't help much more than that, because the only I/O I use presently is USB (mixer to computer).

👊👊

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

By that, I meant the only 'combined I/O' that I use... 🤜🤛

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

So it does! I'm not really interested in recording my practice sessions, but you are right.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maude said:

I actually had no real use for mine when I bought it, but I thought it might come in handy. 

It's been well worth the money. 

Hmm, there was a lot more to my post when I posted it yesterday. But other posts of mine from yesterday have also gone missing. Maybe I've upset someone. 🤔

I also said that the session cake has actual helped me pick up a bass more often. I leave a short instrument lead, phone lead and my headphones plugged in permanantly so I can just grab it and play bass anywhere I fancy sitting, especially in the garden. 

• Like 3

I’m very impressed with mine, I even did a bit of iPad recording with it for a collaboration project. However, I had to use my Rob Allen (which has a very hot output) to get a decent line level and some proper low end. This has now spurred me on to order a proper USB recording interface (arrives today) but the ‘cake will remain as a practise tool because of it’s simplicity and silent operation. All this means I’ll reckon I’ll definitely be moving on my Phil Jones Cub once we can move around freely again.

Much kudos to @krispn for bringing this to our attention in the first place 👏👏👏.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, krispn said:

Feel like I reallly should have bought one to see what all the fuss is about 😀

You could get something much nicer with the kickback you'll be getting from Kenny. 😁

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

With the Sessioncake deal, I now have another retailer in my list, that I was previously unaware of, which may be true for a good many others who bought one. 

Most certainly, especially after their very helpful and friendly attitude when FedEx managed to deliver mine to a house miles away. Drew from Kenny's was on the phone everyday keeping me updated on the progress they were making with the courier, despite to being only a ten quid sale. They're top of my list for whatever I buy next.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I finally used mine last night and ended up playing until 2am. A worthwhile purchase.

My only gripe is that three of the controls seem to function as overall volume controls only - I would have thought there would be separate volume controls for the instrument and ipod/phone.

Yes I thought that too. I think it's more aimed at linking two or more together for silent jamming, the controls then adjust how much of you and the other people you hear. 

Having said that maybe you can plug your phone into one of the other jack sockets and use a one of the knobs to control its volume.

I'm off to try. 

Yes! 

If you plug your phone (or whatever music source) into one of the 'CHAIN' inputs rather than 'AUX', then the input knob only controls your instrument volume making it easy to balance the two levels (with your foot while you're playing, do i really do that?), ie not fiddling around with a phone. 

Phone volume on a decent level, then 'ME' up full 'PHONES' to a comfortable level and then just add your bass to suit with the 'INPUT' knob. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5