Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Session cake headphone amp/ mixer £9.99!

krispn

3 hours ago, FinnDave said:

Bugger! That means if FedEx have lost mine I can't get it replaced.

For those of you lamenting missing out on the £16.69 (inc. P&P) from Kenny's, there's another 10 from this site on eBay which is only another £3.30 on top (i.e. £20 all in), so still pretty bargain basement:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-Headphone-Amplifier-SC-01-Session-Mixer-SESSIONCAKE-Red-/254565767588

And as Gav mentioned, you can get the posher blue one for £30 from either Amazon or fleabay.

17 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Love to hear some sound samples with and without the SBP2 if you have recording capability? 

Also really like the little markers you've got for your default settings for the VTBDI - I may just have to filch that idea for mine and maybe see if I can get away with with two or even three sets of colour coded strips for different favourite settings. I s'pose I'd better get luminescent ones for gigs 😁

I tried recording something, but Garageband for iOS is an absolute piece of 💩!

I still haven't got mine, but the people at Kenny's have been doing a great job of trying to track it down for me, and and even better job of keeping me informed about their progress. All this for a ten quid sale - they've certainly impressed me, very good people there.

• Like 5

For anyone who missed out on the sale, I think the blue SC-02 at £26 is still a steal. I paid a little more than that a while ago and I don't regret it. To be fair, I don't think I have ever used the additional functions over the red SC-01, but I'm glad I have them, just in case.

Here's a result - just had a letter come with the post from someone I've never met but who lives about 8 miles away on a road with a similar name to ours and at the same street number as we do - and they have my FedEx package! Spoke to them on the phone and I'll pop over and collect it on Monday. 

Trying to reach Kenny's to let them know it's safe, but no answer there today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Here's a result - just had a letter come with the post from someone I've never met but who lives about 8 miles away on a road with a similar name to ours and at the same street number as we do - and they have my FedEx package! Spoke to them on the phone and I'll pop over and collect it on Monday. 

Trying to reach Kenny's to let them know it's safe, but no answer there today.

Wow - we have "Road" and "Street" for the same street names right next to each and used to get that all the time given identical postcodes. I've had to resort to putting "NOT Road" on all our Amazon etc addresses.

But 8 miles apart!! Postman must have been asleep...

Nice ending to the story though!

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Wow - we have "Road" and "Street" for the same street names right next to each and used to get that all the time given identical postcodes. I've had to resort to putting "NOT Road" on all our Amazon etc addresses.

But 8 miles apart!! Postman must have been asleep...

Nice ending to the story though!

The story should end on Monday when I collect it. The letter came with a magazine my wife subscribes to which had also been delivered to their address (this by the Royal Mail…the Kenny's package was FedEx). Thankfully, they are decent people who tried their hardest to re-connect me with my lost headphone amp! Restores (or confirms) one's faith in human nature.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, M@23 said:

Anybody using this with an iPhone 7? If so, any issues with using the lightning > 3.5mm adapter? 

I am using it with my XR, using a Chinese made lightning to 3.5mm adapter. no issues at all. 

Edited by ordep

Yeh, mine worked on my iPad fine, which is what I use for music, but I didn't buy it to use on the iPad, I have plenty of things for that. I bought it so I could just play without anything connected. 

The chinese adapter I was refering to was £1.50 off ebay, I don't have an apple one.

Edited by Woodinblack

Collected from the people it was accidentally (or carelessly) delivered to and it's great. Spent an hour or more this evening playing along to some live Dead in the lounge without disturbing my wife - just what I wanted. The session cake is a decent piece of kit well put together and easy to use.

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 7

I'm very glad I finally got my Session Cake (is there a prize for the stupidest name for a bit of kit?) as this afternoon I am sitting in the sun with a Jazz bass plugged into it, my phone plugged in and playing along the Grateful Dead on this day in 1971. Bloody great, and my neighbours are in their garden and can't hear a thing!!

• Like 2

Just now, Ricky 4000 said:

I was surprised it comes with a nice IOS cable included. 👍🤦‍♂️

IOS cable? Mine had a mini jack to mini jack cable, nothing else. I plug the headphone out from the phone into the Yamaha's input, works fine.