Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Session cake headphone amp/ mixer £9.99!

krispn

18 hours ago, stewblack said:

very nearly bought one but needed food! 

Actually 16 quid. 6.70 postage... 

The great advantage over my other options is the volume controls to quickly and easily mix instrument and track. 

But is that worth 16 quid

Could be worse! I asked for a quote to ship to Dublin - £16, came to £27 total = GAS cured😎

• Like 1

well I’ve been playing with mine for a while now just sitting on the sofa, and what a great thing, I’ve got it wired into my Dre beats with my iPad on YouTube playing all sorts, it’s got a great funk sound and also playing reggae with the thumb gives a nice tone , @krispn thanks for the heads up ☝️

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

well I’ve been playing with mine for a while now just sitting on the sofa, and what a great thing, I’ve got it wired into my Dre beats with my iPad on YouTube playing all sorts, it’s got a great funk sound and also playing reggae with the thumb gives a nice tone , @krispn thanks for the heads up ☝️

Now you’re tempting me into getting one! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve found it good for transcribing this morning, once I got the volume of the bass and YouTube balanced , you can hear every note clearly to play over the top of , I also plugged my old Tascam BT1 into it which also runs on battery , so I can play over CD’s 🙂

95EE9135-AA3E-4A8D-939B-410161E0CB5C.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve found it good for transcribing this morning, once I got the volume of the bass and YouTube balanced , you can hear every note clearly to play over the top of , I also plugged my old Tascam BT1 into it which also runs on battery , so I can play over CD’s 🙂

95EE9135-AA3E-4A8D-939B-410161E0CB5C.jpeg

Your continued enthusiasm has been noted and I'm delighted to say you've been hired. Someone from Yahama Sales (I think he goes by the name of krispn) will be along shortly with your induction pack. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Yeah Dave, I just thought I’d try it and the bass sounds clearer through the SC 🙂

Nooooo! You can't start referring to this as a SC - It's gonna confuse the hell out of us BF SC owners! 😁

3 hours ago, SH73 said:

What's the battery life like? Ordered👍 will be nice to play in the garden during summer evenings

I have the blue one (edit: I mean the blue SC ;) ), I can't imagine the battery life (edit: on the red SC ;) ) would be any different. I can't say how long batteries last as I haven't really used mine (edit: my SC )in anger... but they seem to last long enough or I would have noticed. Probably similar to my Zoom H2 recorder (around 6-8 hours?), but I can't say for sure and I never found online any indications as to how long it's supposed to last.

edit: they're great these SC units, eh? ;)

(edited just for @Al Krow 😛 )

Edited by mcnach

Got my YSC yesterday, and just given it a try out now. Really impressed! As with all Yamaha stuff, well designed unit with a good solid feel to it. Sounds great too, plenty of level using my P-Lyte and a pair of Sennheiser over-ear phones. Run full tilt I think I can detect a touch of compression which sounds great as well. Going to be a useful tool for keeping me practising during the current situation, so really pleased with my purchase. Thanks again for the heads up, cheers!

Another happy YSC user.

I received mine a couple of days ago but I didn't have any AA batteries to hand (the kids had used them all in the xbox controllers) so I didn't get to actually use it until last night.

I've previously had the VOX amplug and an EHX headphone amp.  The VOX had some great features with built in drum loops and Aux in but the sound and build quality were pants.  The EHX was a better built but lacked an Aux In which really limited it's usefulness for me.

At 1/2 the price of either of the aforementioned items the Session Cake is far far superior.   The sound quality is very good, no hiss even with treble maxed.  I like you have a level control for the Aux in which made tweaking volumes quick and easy when playing along to different apps on my phone.  Since my guitars are all active lack of EQ like you'd get on Ashdown's tone pocket wasn't an issue.

Very grateful to the OP for sharing this!

9 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I wish you'd all stop trying to make me buy something I really don't need. 

But you don't know you don't need it until you've bought it, used it for a couple of days, raved about your purchase, tucked it safely in the back of a cupboard, forgotten about it, found it again at a later date and wondered why you bought it in the first place. 

Then you know you don't need it. 😁

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Maude said:

But you don't know you don't need it until you've bought it, used it for a couple of days, raved about your purchase, tucked it safely in the back of a cupboard, forgotten about it, found it again at a later date and wondered why you bought it in the first place. 

Then you know you don't need it. 😁

🤦🏼‍♂️