Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Session cake headphone amp/ mixer £9.99!

krispn

2 minutes ago, mcnach said:

Tempting.

I still have my Sue Ryder. It's fretless now, with a Model P pickup. The fretless that survived the cull 4 years ago.

Where is @JTUK?

Haha, I noticed John had gone a while ago. Not sure if he was banned or just got fed up being the only one that was right all the time lol. Had some good chats with him though. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Haha, I noticed John had gone a while ago. Not sure if he was banned or just got fed up being the only one that was right all the time lol. Had some good chats with him though. 

I wonder what he's doing now that the Tickled Trout is closed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

very nearly bought one but needed food! 

Actually 16 quid. 6.70 postage... 

The great advantage over my other options is the volume controls to quickly and easily mix instrument and track. 

But is that worth 16 quid

Edited by stewblack

I have one of the blue ones. To be honest, I'd be happy with one of these red ones, especially at the price, as I don't really need the additional functionality.

Nice little unit, it sounds pretty good. 

I may not use it very often but it has its uses. I would have loved to have this a couple of years ago. I was in a 50/50 originals/covers ska and reggae band, and we travelled all over the place in a minibus. I joined just before a long string of gigs/festivals and I would have loved to be able to go through some of the songs while travelling. This little box would have fitted in my case with no fuss.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stewblack said:

very nearly bought one but needed food! 

Actually 16 quid. 6.70 postage... 

The great advantage over my other options is the volume controls to quickly and easily mix instrument and track. 

But is that worth 16 quid

If you buy 2 it's only 3.35 postage ;)

edit: the actual point I wanted to make :D I am not sure what else you use for this purpose, but indeed, it's really easy to mix and control the volume for your instrument and the aux input. At £30-40 or whatever it was that I paid I thought it was worth it. At £16... no question. But of course it depends on your needs/circumstances. 

Edited by mcnach
  • Like 1

I just took delivery of mine. I'm impressed with the cleanness of the preamp and headphone output. Sounds great even with a cheapie passive bass - plenty of gain available. Perfect portable setup for learning songs and practice. Potential for use in a makeshift wired IEM setup too. Only minor quibble is batteries only, no power input socket.

1 minute ago, ezbass said:

Arrived today and I'm well impressed. This may see my PJ Cub up for sale.

Blimey - that's high praise! No noticeable hiss at all even with the treble dialled up?

30 minutes ago, clauster said:

Bought.  Can't be any worse than my Vox Amplug.

Haha -  I'm not going to give you any odds on that being the case 😁

1 hour ago, Ba55me15ter said:

I just took delivery of mine. I'm impressed with the cleanness of the preamp and headphone output. Sounds great even with a cheapie passive bass - plenty of gain available. Perfect portable setup for learning songs and practice. Potential for use in a makeshift wired IEM setup too. Only minor quibble is batteries only, no power input socket.

Indeed, I didn't think of that use!

Battery life seems pretty good 'though.

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

My one has arrived but I’m at work, do you just plug your headphones and bass in  and go 🙂

Yes, but I'd put batteries in first if you want to hear anything ;)

It comes with a little cable you can use to plug in your mobile phone or whatever if you want to play along to some music on your phone.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Blimey - that's high praise! No noticeable hiss at all even with the treble dialled up?

No, clean as whistle (to my impaired hearing). I tried using the supplied 4 pole cable to see if it would record onto my Mac version of Garageband - it would not. Time to reload said software onto the iPad again.

2 hours ago, mcnach said:

If you buy 2 it's only 3.35 postage ;)

edit: the actual point I wanted to make :D I am not sure what else you use for this purpose, but indeed, it's really easy to mix and control the volume for your instrument and the aux input. At £30-40 or whatever it was that I paid I thought it was worth it. At £16... no question. But of course it depends on your needs/circumstances. 

I take your point. If it had been advertised at 16 notes  post free, probably would have bought it without hesitation. 

I think I lost a bit of perspective when the postage came in at nearly the same price as the unit. 

5 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I take your point. If it had been advertised at 16 notes  post free, probably would have bought it without hesitation. 

I think I lost a bit of perspective when the postage came in at nearly the same price as the unit. 

It's also too easy to get carried away by 'good deals'. Often, if you stop to think you realise you don't need them... 

Ordered! Thanks to the OP for the 'heads up'. 👍

I'm going to give it to my lad for practice.

What am I going to do with the B3n that I recently ordered for him for practice? ... Oh I think I'll have to keep that for myself. Far too complicated for him. 😃 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Ordered! Thanks to the OP for the 'heads up'. 👍

I'm going to give it to my lad for practice.

What am I going to do with the B3n that I recently ordered for him for practice? ... Oh I think I'll have to keep that for myself. Far too complicated for him. 😃 😜

Well both are the same colour, if he says anything just convince him he got it wrong 😂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Well both are the same colour, if he says anything just convince him he got it wrong 😂

"Just use this for now sonny, I have to download a lot of patches and stuff for that other thing... I may be some considerable time doing all that..." 😃

• Haha 1