Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Session cake headphone amp/ mixer £9.99!

krispn

33 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

The iOS thing seems to be a bit of a marketing thing, it looks just like it’s a 1/8 in and nothing iOS specific. 

The way I read it is that you can plug any playback device into the aux socket.  But then, additionally, if you have iOS device you can also use the same socket for recording.

2020-04-07-14-00-51.png

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jakester said:

Yep, anticipated delivery date 9/4. A little startled at first because it was written American-style (4/9)!

My update for dispatch from FedEx was 04/08/2020, I nearly threw a fit, then realised that FedEx are so tinpot that they can’t get the right date format for UK deliveries :facepalm:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jrixn1 said:

The way I read it is that you can plug any playback device into the aux socket.  But then, additionally, if you have iOS device you can also use the same socket for recording.

2020-04-07-14-00-51.png

If the aux connection sends a signal to record then could someone with an android device record to an app on their device as well or is this something specific to IOS?

Edited by Delberthot

18 minutes ago, Delberthot said:

If the aux connection sends a signal to record then could someone with an android device record to an app on their device as well or is this something specific to IOS?

I dont know how Android phones work, but if you can record in to the phone using the headphone socket then I can’t see why not. 

12 hours ago, WarPig said:

Mine arrived today, alas no AA's indoors, so will have to wait till tomorrow.

It could do with a belt attachment

Stick it in a bum bag! You can keep spare batteries in there too 😀

11 hours ago, casapete said:

Bought, thanks for the heads up!

Incidentally, some blue ones are available on eBay, starting at £27.50 incl p&p here -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-SESSIONCAKE-SC-02-MIXING-HEADPHONE-AMP-FOR-GUITAR-BASS-VOCALS-KEYBOAR/303490882018?hash=item46a97759e2:g:SdsAAOSwgNZeRpAO

I did do a search and while tempted I have a few items I can use for headphone practice already. The blue one would be handy if one wanted to use their amp DI out or a preamp with Di/helix or wanted to practice vox with bass and backing tracks etc. 

I look forward to hearing how folks find the units and I’m sure the ‘new cake day’ thread will be up and running soon enough  🍰 

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1