Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Session cake headphone amp/ mixer £9.99!

krispn

Good spot! The discount on RRP looks nuts! Not 25% off but 92% OFF!

Almost worth getting it for its bargain basement pricing! You got one already - if so be good to get an idea of what the quality is like.

FWIW RRP at £124 is perhaps a bit misleading: G4M have them in stock for £30, but £10 from Kenny's is still great value even compared to that. 

I don’t think the red ones were ever £124 new but it certainly doesn’t become less useful just because it’s not 92% off 😀 Shame they don’t have the blue version (which has the higher price tag) in stock as it’s a tad more versatile in terms of inputs. I recall Yamaha having a bit of interest about these when they were first announced and I think they had an initial high price but were cheaper upon release to market.

I don’t have one as I use my Apollo interface/laptop for headphone play at home. They get decent reviews though if you have a search.

Edited by krispn

12 minutes ago, krispn said:

I don’t think the red ones were ever £124 new but it certainly doesn’t become less useful just because it’s not 92% off 😀 Shame they don’t have the blue version (which has the higher price tag) in stock as it’s a tad more versatile in terms of inputs. I recall Yamaha having a bit of interest about these when they were first announced and I think they had an initial high price but were cheaper upon release to market.

I don’t have one as I use my Apollo interface/laptop for headphone play at home. They get decent reviews though if you have a search.

Yup they won't be hanging about long - a great way to shift surplus stock! Like you I'm (unfortunately!) already well provided for in the headphone amp dept, so will leave these bargains for our fellow musos who will be putting to more productive use.

Do I remember correctly that you also spotted the Mesa mega discount which resulted in large sums being expended by our fellow BC'ers? You're going to be known as kostcutter krispn at this rate 😁

• Like 1

@dave_bass5 They also had the blow out on the Ampeg PT-20 and PT-50’s. They’re about an hour away from where I live. 

14 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Do I remember correctly that you also spotted the Mesa mega discount which resulted in large sums being expended by our fellow BC'ers? You're going to be known as kostcutter krispn at this rate 😁

And the db bass cabs...
As for Kostcutter krispn the alliteration is a wee bit too kkk for my liking but thanks for the thought🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, krispn said:

@dave_bass5 They also had the blow out on the Ampeg PT-20 and PT-50’s. They’re about an hour away from where I live. 

And the db bass cabs...
As for Kostcutter krispn the alliteration is a wee bit too kkk for my liking but thanks for the thought🙂

I deliberately didn't go for kostkutter krispn...😂

This seems like a great deal, thanks!

Does anyone know whether you can play tunes from non-iOS devices via the aux cable? I really can't imagine why I wouldn't be able to play music from an android device, but I'm really confused by their wording. I've searched a few articles about it and watched a couple of youtube reviews but they all mention attaching an iOS device. I'd be very grateful if anyone can offer their experience 🙂

20200407_132532.jpg

The iOS thing seems to be a bit of a marketing thing, it looks just like it’s a 1/8 in and nothing iOS specific. Also a pain to use with a current iOS device without an adapter as they don’t have a headphone out. 
There is no USB at all on these devices. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

The iOS thing seems to be a bit of a marketing thing, it looks just like it’s a 1/8 in and nothing iOS specific. Also a pain to use with a current iOS device without an adapter as they don’t have a headphone out. 

That's what I was hoping for - thank you 😀 and if it turns out not to work, I guess it's only a tenner + postage 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

If Kenny’s run out, Amazon have them as well. About a 14 day wait though.......oh, and £105 plus £15 postage 😂😂😂😂

Gear4Music have some in stock at £30 before you tap Amazon up...

29 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

There is no USB at all on these devices. 

You can get a lightning to 3.5mm jack cable which would suffice

The unit is supplied with a mini 4 pole cable so it’s likely transmitting L,R, ground and function. (An iPhone inline mic headset with volume control etc is 4 pole). I’d imagine if your android device has similar functionality with it’s in line headphone/mic it’ll be fine. 

32 minutes ago, Chaosanator said:

Does anyone know whether you can play tunes from non-iOS devices via the aux cable? I really can't imagine why I wouldn't be able to play music from an android device, but I'm really confused by their wording. I've searched a few articles about it and watched a couple of youtube reviews but they all mention attaching an iOS device. I'd be very grateful if anyone can offer their experience 🙂

I don’t own one of these cakes but I’m wondering if they mention apple specifically for the recording element into the Apple based apps. I’d imagine music playback via aux is universal.