Why become a member? ×

My wife says I don't need another bass.

edstraker123

[quote name='Josh' post='414630' date='Feb 19 2009, 07:17 PM']Why can none of you married players seemingly ever put your foot down?[/quote]
Because I don't like hospital food.

Careful negotiation and the odd purchase which required forgiveness have seen my collection get up to eleven.

Dont worry it wont last long . Thats what my wife was about 20 years ago :)

[quote name='rOB' post='414636' date='Feb 20 2009, 06:22 AM']I had this very discussion with my girlfriend the other day.

Me- I'm just nipping into town to play some basses, I'm thinking about getting another one.
Her- but you have 2 already
me- but I want another one
her- why?
me- its like having more than one set of shoes, one pair just won't suit every mood and outfit.
her- oh, I see.

I think she is really starting to understand, she's the best[/quote]

I'm up to 16 basses (plus guitar, plus drumset, plus PA). They were starting to fill up the basement (I know most folks in UK don't have a basement) but my wife was starting to catch on so I came up with a new plan. I started mounting them on the wall around the house so she wouldn't notice the pile growing up to the ceiling.
Problem is I think she's starting to catch on.
I think of them as fine art hanging on the wall ... while I'm afraid she thinks them more like rubbish (but if she ever knew how much I was spending on that rubbish .........

[quote name='BassMunkee' post='423134' date='Mar 2 2009, 01:01 PM']I have 2 - one active, one passive.
At a push I would buy a 5 string.

Sorry, but I really can't see the point of having more than that...[/quote]
You haven't quite got the hang of this, have you? :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Rat Blitz' post='422073' date='Mar 1 2009, 12:21 AM']I'm up to 16 basses (plus guitar, plus drumset, plus PA). They were starting to fill up the basement (I know most folks in UK don't have a basement) but my wife was starting to catch on so I came up with a new plan. I started mounting them on the wall around the house so she wouldn't notice the pile growing up to the ceiling.
Problem is I think she's starting to catch on.
I think of them as fine art hanging on the wall ... while I'm afraid she thinks them more like rubbish (but if she ever knew how much I was spending on that rubbish .........[/quote]

I thought I had a basement, turns out it's a cellar.