Why become a member? ×

D/B Case/Cover Issue

gypsyjazzer

I have a very good D/B padded case / cover--made by Mooradin. My only problem I have is when putting the cover over the scroll I have to make a big effort to put the bass inside--myself not tall. (If I wore big healed boots probably solve the problem but not going that way!) The Mooradian zip does not go all the way to the top of the case.

Is there a make of padded case/cover that the zip goes all the way over the scroll?

Do you know the make of a well padded case / cover that opens 'suitcase' style?

Edited by gypsyjazzer
Changed wording

Check out Soundwear bass cases - not cheap though (I think they're on offer now for £650'ish down from £900 - big discount). The best case for my old English bass. Zip goes right over the scroll and the best protection available. Not light but superb with 1"+ padding. I've had mine for 10yrs and it still looks brand new. You can unzip it on its side and the case opens like a clam shell enabling you to lift the bass out (it keeps its shape, almost semi rigid). Obviously you can reverse the process to fit the case. 

For my big 5st I've just bought a Tuff-Bag Deluxe. Had to import it from the states (Arizona) but its almost as good as the Soundwear, comes in much cheaper at £420. Zips all the way up and lighter.

Depends on the value of your bass and budget I suppose and if you intend to carry it far/public transport (eek!!). 

(I'm not involved with either Soundwear or Tuff-bag... I just own them. In 30yrs of playing I've found none better to suit MY needs). 

Have a look at them.. See what you think 😁 

I would say pop in to have a look at mine... But I guess that's out of the question these days! 

If you want to spend a shed load the good luck to you. I go to T&G Martin and get theirs for about a ton. A bit more for the thicker padded version. But if you transport your bass in the back of your car you don’t need anything fancy, zips that work, handles in the right places and corner protection for the bass. Save your money and put it towards a decent instrument.Thats where your income/satisfaction comes from, not by having some poncy cover.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bassace said:

If you want to spend a shed load the good luck to you. I go to T&G Martin and get theirs for about a ton. A bit more for the thicker padded version. But if you transport your bass in the back of your car you don’t need anything fancy, zips that work, handles in the right places and corner protection for the bass. Save your money and put it towards a decent instrument.Thats where your income/satisfaction comes from, not by having some poncy cover.

Judging by their website, you may have revealed their best-kept secret Roger.

It's clear that they really, really don't want people to know that they sell DB cases ...