Why become a member? ×

Recommend a stand

steviedee

I have an unusual old bass, smaller than a half but bigger than a quarter. I’m looking for a stand just for in the house, not live or anything. I was thinking I could maybe get away with a Hercules cello stand, I don’t want a big massive thing.... any ideas isolated bass folk?

9 hours ago, jacko said:

I have a hercules DB stand for my 3/4 and it's very stable so I'd imagine a similar cello stand would work well on a 1/3 size. How much bigger than a cello is it?

I just looked and apparently a cello is only 30 inches so much bigger than might need to look at a DB stand. Is your Hercules stand big?

I ended up buying one of these. It’s for a double bass but I saw one with a cello and it looked great. It’s not for gigging but looks nice so can live in the sitting room. Also I find myself sitting on the arm of the sofa to practice and this is the same height... that and the fact I’m addicted to buying things :(28897016-5274-4CE6-8647-F93E71F747C1.thumb.jpeg.7cb26125a2e3a52dba74faef7ba6cbff.jpeg

Edited by steviedee
  • Like 1