Why become a member? ×

New lockdown vid track "Sink" with pounding Precision!

rze99

Here's a new lockdown svid track, "Sink".

Pounding Precision (a parts build by me,  played by John) and resonating Rickenbackers (played by me) abound...

Social distancing and minumum use of loo paper rules were carefully observed.

Hope you're being creative too...

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2020 at 16:16, Lozz196 said:

Really like that, great recording and really good sounds on all of the individual instruments - that Precision sounds awesome. The song and performance reminded me a touch of REM.

+1 ^^

@rze99 - great bass tone. What was your full signal chain to deliver - in particular any pedals / preamps?

On 09/04/2020 at 16:16, Lozz196 said:

Really like that, great recording and really good sounds on all of the individual instruments - that Precision sounds awesome. The song and performance reminded me a touch of REM.

Thank you very much for checking it out and especially for the feedback. CHeers

R

12 hours ago, nilebodgers said:

That is fab. Excellent bass and guitar tones and I really like the space in the track.

Thank you for the encouragement I'm glad you like the tones. I just use the tones I like.

10 hours ago, Al Krow said:

+1 ^^

@rze99 - great bass tone. What was your full signal chain to deliver - in particular any pedals / preamps?

...cheap as chips stuff to be honest.

The bass is parts build and the pickups in it are Fender MIM Player from 2018.

The bass "amp" is simply and old  Line6 X3 Pod. I have a tone that I set there years ago and tweak it. It is basically the stock Ampeg tone with some compressor. I think it is great. You gan get them dirt cheap now.  Basically for this kind of track I aim for  Bruce Foxton tone and then tweak it. I don't have a bass amp at all!

The other thing I use (but not on this track) is a Sansamp Leeds pedal -  also not expensive and works brilliantly into a desk.  You can get the Ox tone - if you can play well enough.

The guitar was recorded using the Yamaha THR100HD Vox AC30 tone with a Wampler Ego Comp compressor for squish and boost.  That head is amazing - not a bad sound in there and it records perfectly with zero set up. Out the back into the desk done deal.

The recording was done with Reason 11.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rze99 said:

...cheap as chips stuff to be honest.

The bass is parts build and the pickups in it are Fender MIM Player from 2018.

The bass "amp" is simply and old  Line6 X3 Pod. I have a tone that I set there years ago and tweak it. It is basically the stock Ampeg tone with some compressor. I think it is great. You gan get them dirt cheap now.  Basically for this kind of track I aim for  Bruce Foxton tone and then tweak it. I don't have a bass amp at all!

The other thing I use (but not on this track) is a Sansamp Leeds pedal -  also not expensive and works brilliantly into a desk.  You can get the Ox tone - if you can play well enough.

The guitar was recorded using the Yamaha THR100HD Vox AC30 tone with a Wampler Ego Comp compressor for squish and boost.  That head is amazing - not a bad sound in there and it records perfectly with zero set up. Out the back into the desk done deal.

The recording was done with Reason 11.

Brilliant - thanks!

I thought I detected a touch of Ampeg / Sansamp + P Bass.  @dannybuoy has just got himself a Leeds and is also raving about it, having persuaded me to get a VT Bass DI beforehand - lol! (No regrets btw - the VTDI is an excellent pedal!).

You guys mainly do original material? And gig in and around London? If so, be great to come and see you in action post lock down! 

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Brilliant - thanks!

I thought I detected a touch of Ampeg / Sansamp + P Bass.  @dannybuoy has just got himself a Leeds and is also raving about it, having persuaded me to get a VT Bass DI beforehand - lol! (No regrets btw - the VTDI is an excellent pedal!).

You guys mainly do original material? And gig in and around London? If so, be great to come and see you in action post lock down! 

thanks. To gig would be....F****g great. I so miss it. But... complicated.

We have (had) a gigging band called Bittermoon playing sort of 70s, 80s, and 90s Alt pop rock/Americana covers (yes including REM) + our tracks,  but the wonderful drummer and has a very young family and very ill Mum & Dad AND runs his own business AND lives in Oxfordshire - he would do a gig at a push but he's got his hands very full and so he's "not playing much right now". The other guitar player has a critically sick wife and is dealing with that dreadful stuff. 

The "drumming" on this stuff is me programming  patterns with some live playing percussion.  I started off on drums when I was 9 and I still play a bit. I'm very fussy about drummers. I've played with fantastic drummers and I'm spoiled. Which explains why we don't have one.

So the band is resting restlessly and just John "Scoorieboy" and me going a bit lockdown mad... But yeah I'd love to be playing live.  When / if we get it back going I'll shout out here.

• Like 1