Why become a member? ×

Anyone have any views on / use a Warwicl CL ND?

WalMan

I have been looking around for a small combo for a bit of onstage air movement as otherwise my bass runs through a Bass Pod XT Pro straight to the PA.

I have on occasion used the Trace Elliot 122H combo (still for sale if anyone's interested, make me an offer :) ), but it does not easily fit in the car with the rest of the gear - this I do realise is a stoopid reason, but needs must - and is really more than I need at most gigs.

I have considered variously:[list]
[*]GK 1x12 kickback
[*]Markbass 121H
[*]EBS Drome 1x12
[*]Phil Jones Suitcase or Briefcase
[*]Warwick CL
[/list]In some ways it rather depends whether I keep the TE and get the GK or Warwick, or sell it and look for something a bit further up the price range & with a bit more oomph!

The Warwick was a late addition to the list having seen one cheap(ish) on clearout in a shop whilst out on my travels this afternoon. It seemed OK, with a good (if only one) sound, but only the bass control really seemed to make any difference to the tone. Moving the Mid & Treble + or - seemed to have little, if any effect.

Anyone have experience of the Warwick, or indeed any of the above combos in "anger" like to chuck in their 6d?