Why become a member? ×

Selling on Reverb

Woodinblack

27 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

As a regular Reverb viewer, but never a purchaser, it always seems to me that prices are much higher on Reverb than elsewhere. 

True, but there is the option to make an offer and haggle a bit.

I know this because as I was window shopping on Sunday I saw a nice mij P bass that grabbed my attention, although it was priced a bit high. Just out of interest I made an offer just to see if the seller would come down on his price at all..

One quick click and I suddenly realised that my offer was instantly accepted and I'd committed to buying the sodding thing!! It's been posted..

In reality I should have been window shopping for a larger screened phone and new glasses!

Can't afford them now because I've bought a new bass I don't need. From Japan. 🤪

I'm sure the import duty will be hilarious. 😶

• Haha 3

I've sold about 20 items on Reverb over the last two months or so.

Since I live in Belgium, it's an easy way to find a 'broader audience' than on a local 2nd hand website.

I've encountered no problem at all, but might have been lucky of course. Each item (guitars, pedals, amps) sold within a couple of days or maybe a week at most.

One nice feature when selling was the 'market price indicator' based on past transactions on the website.

• Like 2

I’ve sold about 25 items on Reverb and thought it was really good. Slightly tricky when you’re at zero feedback but you get rewarded for speedy response to enquiries and it’s much superior to ebay for image uploading & navigation. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh the irony. I sold my AER amplifier on Reverb at the weekend.  Bit of a surprise as it had sat on there for a couple of months now.  I accepted a lower offer, but at least this time the money seems to have come through without any significant delay.  Sold it for £490 and am receiving £459.37.  I still think that’s too high a commission fee.  Strangely ,y they seem to have initiated payment before the buyer has got the item, but I think this time it was because I inputted the shipping info and tracking number.  When I sold my guitar it was pickup, and I think that’s what created the delay because the buyer messed up telling reverb that he had actually received the guitar.  Beware!

Anyway roll on to this afternoon when I have just received an email to say that their selling fee is going up to 5% on 4th August 😡. Wonder how they will rate compared to eBay now?

Robbie

Edited by Brook_fan

7 minutes ago, Brook_fan said:

Anyway roll on to this afternoon when I have just received an email to say that their selling fee is going up to 5% on 4th August 😡. Wonder how they will rate compared to eBay now?

half price.

But ebay often has a £1 weekend, so I just list things when that is on.

@Brook_fan, where else can you sell an item with a reach as broad as reverb or eBay for less that 3.5% or even 5%? Bass Direct and The Gallery charge 20%.

Cash Converters? Good luck, they'll offer you 50% of the price of the last one that sold via eBay, failing that they offer 25% of RRP.

If you don't like the fees, don't use the service and don't sell your gear! These services need to pay for their platforms, employees and services, they're not free and you don't need to use them if you don't want to!

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 2