Why become a member? ×

Parcelforce Woes

ash

So here’s a bit of good news...for once! After sterling efforts from the sender who ended up going the extra mile and also the PA to the CEO of Parcelforce my bass finally turned up today. This after nearly five months of emails and many phone calls and texts. The best bit and a tribute to a Fender is that despite it being unwrapped at some point the bass and case are virtually unscathed. A tribute to modern Fender build quality. It really was in tune too! 

B165B22A-D607-4A78-9C5C-54D897E49E5D.jpeg

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, ash said:

So here’s a bit of good news...for once! After sterling efforts from the sender who ended up going the extra mile and also the PA to the CEO of Parcelforce my bass finally turned up today. This after nearly five months of emails and many phone calls and texts. The best bit and a tribute to a Fender is that despite it being unwrapped at some point the bass and case are virtually unscathed. A tribute to modern Fender build quality. It really was in tune too! 

B165B22A-D607-4A78-9C5C-54D897E49E5D.jpeg

Excellent news. Very pleased for you 👍

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, owen said:

I am glad it was all sorted. I have had 4 weeks of that and it was grim. 5 months must have been extra extra extra grim. 

I kind of put it into perspective with what’s going on in the real world but yes it was grim. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ash said:

Thanks Lozz yes it’s really nice - pity it’s a rosewood board though 🤣

Great that it's finally turned up! It looks a beaut.

If you don't get on with the rosewood board, you could ship it my way... I've an account with Parcelfor... oh. er. well, maybe not.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, owen said:

The worrying thing is that it has clearly been sitting SOMEWHERE for all that time and someone put it there.

Been unwrapped at some point..? Arrived tuned..? Someone's been playing it for four months..! -_-

• Haha 1

There’s paperwork in the case of where it has been and a log of what happened. It’s actually been in someone’s house for several months that’s clear and they admitted that. This person apparently was refusing to release it until they had proof it was sent to the wrong address. I’m not sure the why’s and wherefores of this I’m just glad it didn’t end up in the local cash converters! 

Mine was delivered to the wrong address. I knocked on the door and he denied it to my face. It was only down to a persistent courier that I got it at all. DHL as a company were just washing their hands of the whole affair. 

• Sad 1

I've never understood the  " do you want insurance "  from any couriers, as what the cliff are you paying them for in the first place. ?

So reading between the sneakyness,  all their saying is we'll deliver your parcel for  £xxxx  , but we might lose it or damage it.

Add insurance, then when it gets lost or damaged, you have to go 10 rounds with these companies who are a law unto themselves.   It surprises me that some of them are still in business

• Like 1