Why become a member? ×

Sight Reading Factory

https://www.sightreadingfactory.com/

I have been trying to teach myself to sight read during these fun times of isolation and after having worked through a couple of the SBL Sight Reading courses I came across this site on their forums. 

Genuinely the best thing I have found so far and my reading has come on loads in a short space of time through repetition.  The site auto-generates 8 bars of music at a difficulty you can preset and then you can try reading it, playing it and then it can playback so you can play along with it as well.  It was $35 for a years subscription but you can get about 18 pieces free to try it out.  Would highly recommend it for those wanting to improve their reading.

Disclaimer:  They have a referral service where you can get free months if people signup.  I have found this genuinely useful so posted the link above without referral tag as it has genuinely improved my reading in a short space of time. I have posted my referral link below but don't want to appear like I am pushing the site for my own benefit.

https://www.sightreadingfactory.com/share/3bDdHL60vAmh6mxkPrC4

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2020 at 20:47, FDC484950 said:

Thanks for this. One of the hardest things when learning to read is having enough material at an appropriate level of difficulty. This would have been a great help back in the day!

My transcription archive in the Theory and Technique section exists for this very purpose, to provide more interesting material to practice reading.