Why become a member? ×

Quiz Game

dmccombe7

1 hour ago, kevin_lindsay said:

Whoever is next, their selections will be way better than my list of shame!!! 

Are you sure you're from Motherwell Kevin ? :laugh1:

I wouldn't advertise that list in the Steel town. 

Dave (Motherwell born and bred) :D

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, kevin_lindsay said:

Here's some of mine only one is incorrect!!!! 

Sinitta...

B*witched 

I've seen B*witched loads and loads of times. But never singing... When they were recording their first album - or maybe when it was in the can and waiting to come out I used to chat to them most weeks. To make some money they all had jobs working on the tills at our local little Tescos. Being from the Emerald Isle (North bit rather than South) myself the sudden appearance of four Irish girls, including a pair of twins, on the tills made me go "oh!" - so of course me and the Mrs would say hello and chat (about nothing really) when they were ringing up our shopping. Then about 3 months later they started having hits and the house they were sharing in the town was suddenly deluged by screaming pre-teen fans... 

Claim to fame... I've never met Sinitta but I've known her mum for years and played bass for her on multiple occasions. She's a former Hi Energy disco singer and actress called Miquel Brown. These days she's mostly focusing on acting and theatre/gospel/worship singing. She's come along and sung many times at our church and so I've backed her on bass as part of the worship band. Lovely, lovely woman - and dead useful to know for those 6 degrees of separation games!

• Like 1

Ten 80s synth bands in alphabetical order. Which one haven't I seen live?

A Flock Of Seagulls
Depeche Mode
Duran Duran
Erasure
Freur
The Human League
Kraftwerk
Soft Cell
The Thompson Twins
Ultravox

And as a little clue - One of the bands listed I didn't get to see until well after the 80s. And I saw one of the bands before they discovered synths.

Bonus points if you can guess those two as well!