Why become a member? ×

Quiz Game

dmccombe7

No reactions available for me today ??? i've only just opened BC too. What's going on there.

If your not fast. your last @TrevorR  :laugh1:

Hopefully someone else will get it cause i can't think of another 10 bands i've seen :laugh1:

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Oasis

No.... no idea how but I’ve managed to see them 4 times, taken to 2 concerts by friends, bought one ticket and was bored with mates while work8ng in Germany and went to see them in Düsseldorf one evening. 😂

Just now, Ricky 4000 said:

(Scared of blur fans more like 😂) 😃

😂😂 I ended up with an ex girlfriend at Heaton park in Manchester at an oasis gig 2008 ish. I was a lot more scared there being the only one with an Essex accent when Liam decided to rant and rave about southerners being let in and a pie and mash stall shouldn’t be there (apparently it’s a southern thing). Trust me I wanted to go to Hyde park a lot more!! 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lucky one... and thanks to @dmccombe7 for forcing me to choose the right answer! 🤣🤣 Here’s mine... Which one’s a fib?

1. Meatloaf

2. 10cc

3. Aswad

4. Chuck Berry

5. Billy Bragg

6. Thin Lizzy

7. Jeff Lynne’s ELO

8. Toyah

9. Heavy Pettin’

10. Lynyrd Skynyrd

Edited by TrevorR

32 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Chuck Berry

Saw him at this ill  conceived musical  festival in Cornwall back in 83 called Penwith Rocks. Cornwall’s first music festival! But... They had it on the TUESDAY after August Bank Holiday Monday (on the basis that bands would be in the country for big shows that weekend and they could snap them up as an extra show. They budgeted for 30,000. In the end 3000 turned up because everyone was back at work! D’oh!

It was a great day and a fantastic line up, though. Lost shed loads of money so they never did it again.

Chuck turned up, scowled at the scratch band put together for the set, barely tuned his guitar and ran through his contractually obligated 45 minutes. Then went off stage only returning when the promoter had scraped together enough petty cash for a begrudging 5 minute encore.

So the perfect Chuck Berry gig experience, really. Truth be told, though. He was great to see live as a punter. And it means I’ve seen Chuck Berry live. 

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

I'll go with Heavy Pettin

Everything else is musical :laugh1:

Dave

On my list specifically because they are the worst band I’ve ever seen live. I didn’t see them on purpose- they were support to Magnum at the Hammersmith Odeon back in 1988. Abysmal choice for a pairing with a band like Magnum and absolutely gawd awful from start to finish.

Also in my top (bottom?) 3 worst are Primus (supporting Rush - so disappointed, just thwacky clanky noise the whole way through their set) and Gary Moore’s fave support, Dave Hole.

Edited by TrevorR
  • Like 1