Why become a member? ×

Help me pick my first bass!

pepsi-abi

2 minutes ago, pepsi-abi said:

Thank you! 
I've asked for a cable and a random strap, so hopefully the strap is ok, if not can always treat myself later down the line :D 

Any strap will be fine to start with. As you progress you will find what suits you with all sorts of gear. Too much info to deal with at the start could be off putting as it'll distract from actually playing the bass. 

It's only us old farts with heavy basses that need all the help we can get over a two hour gig. 😁

If you get this Sire and the Orange amp you mention at the beginning you will have a great start to bass playing, regardless of what strap, lead, etc. 

• Like 2

Just now, Maude said:

Any strap will be fine to start with. As you progress you will find what suits you with all sorts of gear. Too much info to deal with at the start could be off putting as it'll distract from actually playing the bass. 

It's only us old farts with heavy basses that need all the help we can get over a two hour gig. 😁

If you get this Sire and the Orange amp you mention at the beginning you will have a great start to bass playing, regardless of what strap, lead, etc. 

Wonderful to hear :D just waiting to hear back from them, but probably won't be til tomorrow now lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maude said:

Absolutely, totally and exactly this ^^^

• Like 1

Just now, Skinnyman said:

And can I say thank you to you for providing us old guys with a sense of purpose during these difficult days?

Enjoy the bass!

Aww you are all more than welcome! Times are so difficult right now, but since joining BC I always look forward to everyone's comments and us all discussing, takes our mind off the crazy situation we are all in right now, stay safe everyone and make loads of music! :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, pepsi-abi said:

What polish should i get to try and remove the surface scratches and swirls and does it matter what type of cloth i use? 
Sadly no update yet but definitely will have an answer tomorrow :D 

In terms of polish, the one that @Frank Blank recommended in this thread:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pepsi-abi said:

Sadly i can't go into a shop to try any bass due to the pandemic lol

Yeah, if you're buying *right now* you're going to have to just order. The good news is that both of your choices are decent instruments :)

• Like 1

Morning everyone! Hope all well, The Sire is mineeeeee! 😁 £375 Sadly they didn’t have a cable I wanted in stock so not a problem and they offered the most flimsy looking strap so I declined that, I did offer £350 but sadly the lowest they could do was £375 but im happy as other website has it retailed at £459 or more, so can’t knock it really! 

Il treat myself to a nice strap and order the cable from another website, got the Orange Crush Bass Amp 25w for £148 on PMT, very excited, thank you all for your help i’m honestly so so grateful! Cannot wait to show off some pictures, hopefully be doing an unboxing for youtube too! 😁

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1