Why become a member? ×

Help me pick my first bass!

pepsi-abi

Just now, bassfan said:

I’ve just ordered a lovely black Sire just like that one from Andertons for £350 with 2 leads, hard case, strap, amp, 2x12 cabinet - bargain. 😂

Aye same here but I didn't get the lead they chucked a wireless kit in instead

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, bassfan said:

There’s a first for everything.... 

Put it down to the virus mate. Normal service will be resumed shortly. And no, I'm not referring to the size of that diddy fretboard.

13 minutes ago, walshy said:

Aye same here but I didn't get the lead they chucked a wireless kit in instead

On the plus side Walshy doesn't hold on to most of his gear for more than 38 seconds so it should be appearing in the FS for a good price very shortly. Damn that word again...

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, bassfan said:

I’ve just ordered a lovely black Sire just like that one from Andertons for £350 with 2 leads, hard case, strap, amp, 2x12 cabinet - bargain. 😂

I thought you were going to offer to £325? 😁

5 minutes ago, bassfan said:

A substantial amount has ended up in my house 😮

9 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Put it down to the virus mate. Normal service will be resumed shortly. And no, I'm not referring to the size of that diddy fretboard.

On the plus side Walshy doesn't hold on to most of his gear for more than 38 seconds so it should be appearing in the FS for a good price very shortly. Damn that word again...

Both very, very true! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pepsi-abi said:

Are tourtech straps any good, or should i ask them to throw in a random strap lol 

I’ve never used one. Straps are very personal imo. I use Levi’s and have a Status strap on the Status. They vary in width and length (all are adjustable), some are leather (my preference) some are material. Personally I prefer the adjustable levy’s notch type, rather than the plastic slide buckle type. 
It won’t matter to much at the outset. 👍🏻

• Like 1

Just now, bassfan said:

I’ve never used one. Straps are very personal imo. I use Levi’s and have a Status strap on the Status. They vary in width and length (all are adjustable), some are leather (my preference) some are material. Personally I prefer the adjustable levy’s notch type, rather than the plastic slide buckle type. 
It won’t matter to much at the outset. 👍🏻

okay il just ask for a random one lol :D 

As said straps are down to a personal preference. I used to always just use the old skool 2" wide nylon type. But now with the availability on the Internet I've settled on the Mono Betty's as my favourite, lots don't like them though. Personally I don't like anything grippy as it pulls my top to bunch on my shoulder, others love a grippy strap. Some like padded, some don't. All I would say is that the wider (up to about 4") the more comfortable it will be in the long run as it spreads the load over a larger area of shoulder. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maude said:

As said straps are down to a personal preference. I used to always just use the old skool 2" wide nylon type. But now with the availability on the Internet I've settled on the Mono Betty's as my favourite, lots don't like them though. Personally I don't like anything grippy as it pulls my top to bunch on my shoulder, others love a grippy strap. Some like padded, some don't. All I would say is that the wider (up to about 4") the more comfortable it will be in the long run as it spreads the load over a larger area of shoulder. 

Thank you! 
I've asked for a cable and a random strap, so hopefully the strap is ok, if not can always treat myself later down the line :D 

• Like 1