Why become a member? ×

Help me pick my first bass!

pepsi-abi

2 minutes ago, mcnach said:

They're both decent instruments. I think the choice comes down to personal preference... ideally by trying them personally in shops until you find THE ONE.

REgardless of what you go for, I would budget a little extra money (i.e.: don't spend it all on the bass yet) to take it to someone who can set it up nicely for you, ensure all frets are levelled and the nut is cut correctly etc, to ensure it plays the best it can play. 

Not sure how far you have read in the forum either, but i'm decided on the Sire V2 Marcus Millver V7 Vintage :D 

17 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Get it at £375 if they’ll chuck the bag in...

This. There's probably a lot of wiggle room on the gigbag price (they offer 25% off anyway) and they probably have a few lying around. They're decent bags and probably equivalent to £35-£40. A decent gigbag is a very useful thing to have, moreso than cheap leads etc.

Personally I'd have got one of the burgundy ones on sale for £349, glad the 5 string isn't available as I may have made an irrational purchase out of lockdown boredom!

Edited by lemmywinks

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

A decent wipe over would’ve helped those photos.

the pickguard will have protective peel off film on it.

£375 including bag. BOOM!

Tell me about it would of helped big time lol 
Yeah they mentioned £375 again so i'm gonna say can i have a red fender cable chucked in with that and a strap pretty please 😂

• Like 1

The worst scratches look to be just above the string ferrules on the back but will more than likely polish out, the rest looks like it just needs a good wipe over. Get the best deal you can and go for it. 👍

• Like 3

Id say the photos don't help much due to all those reflections in the shop.

However, it looks ace, it's the model you want, there don't seem to be many other ones just like it available at present, and the price seems fair (be it 375 or 375 with the extras thrown in).

Although it doesn't pass my test of 'How many knobs do I have to turn before I can play the thing?' (which is 2 ideally, Max of 3). 😃

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Id say the photos don't help much due to all those reflections in the shop.

However, it looks ace, it's the model you want, there don't seem to be many other ones just like it available at present, and the price seems fair (be it 375 or 375 with the extras thrown in).

Although it doesn't pass my test of 'How many knobs do I have to turn before I can play the thing?' (which is 2 ideally, Max of 3). 😃

I agree the reflections are really distracting lol, i think its got about 5 nobs lol 😂

It'll be like that after you'd played it a few times anyway. Unless it's actually banged up I'd go for it. They're still amazing value.  Although I did once buy a 5 string V7 in similar almost new nick from a prison officer in Herts for £200. Lucky I guess. 

Edited by lownote12
  • Like 1

On 03/04/2020 at 11:59, pepsi-abi said:

Omg it is so diddy lol! 
I dunno how i would feel playing that lol! 😂:D

Btw - did we just catch you giggling at the size of bloke's fretboard?! It's really not going to help his stage presence is it? 🤣

• Haha 1