Why become a member? ×

Panda Audio Future Impact
£220
Bristol

Jackemmings

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, perrybassbp said:

i was wandering how is this different to the newer v3? is it just the software and you will be able to update to the v3?

1 hour ago, itu said:

It is an SW update. I have understood that every unit can be updated to this latest version. Please correct me if I am wrong.

This is correct. Furthermore, every unit should be updated to this version for maximum funkiness.

• Like 1

OK. So I've just finished reading the Future Compact thread.

First of all I have to take my hat off to @GisserD - amazing work. 

However I also feel like a time traveller from the middle ages. 3D printing??? No clue what that might mean. Printing bring 2D by its very nature. 

Even ignoring this, the prospect of buying a pedal for £200 then a different box (made by some kind of sorcery)  ripping the guts out of the pedal and hoping to get it all back together again in a box with less space to work in and with my dubious skillset is terryfying. 

I haven't even bought the pedal and I just broke out into a cold  sweat! 

From middle ages? Welcome to the group.

AM = additive manufacturing, and it is an addition to more common subtractive manufacturing, like machining. The 3D unit pushes some plastic through a hot nozzle and while the head moves, it builds the thing layer by layer. Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FnqPD91B1I

Metals, that's another and longer story.

The original box is really big and heavy and contains lots of air, although there is lots of sound(s), too. To change the internals from box to another is relatively simple, and I can say, that now the unit fits my pedalboard much better.

13 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Thanks @itu, I have sent a message offering to buy the pedal.

One step at a time for this old chap. 

To get the best out of the pedal, you’ll need to get an interface to connect to your pc/Mac. I highly recommend the Roland UM-One MK2 as it’s one of the most reliable. About £25-35 new and essential for connecting to the editor for patch transfer/creation and firmware updates. @Jackemmings is yours on v3 yet?

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

To get the best out of the pedal, you’ll need to get an interface to connect to your pc/Mac. I highly recommend the Roland UM-One MK2 as it’s one of the most reliable. About £25-35 new and essential for connecting to the editor for patch transfer/creation and firmware updates.

@stewblack - you're very welcome to borrow my Roland UM-One MK2 (and accompanying CD & manual with driver information) from the several(!) times I've had an FI but never got close to making the most of it. It's currently on loan to @MacDaddy, but as and when he's done with it, I'm sure he will be able to post it directly to you and save one lot of postage between us.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@stewblack - you're very welcome to borrow my Roland UM-One MK2 (and accompanying CD & manual with driver information) from the several(!) times I've had an FI but never got close to making the most of it. It's currently on loan to @MacDaddy, but as and when he's done with it, I'm sure he will be able to post it directly to you and save one lot of postage between us.

Very kind of you. Have to say I doubt I'll make anything like the most of it either! But @Quatschmacher has a couple of patches which are exactly what I've always wanted and those alone will make it a great toy.

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 1