Why become a member? ×

EQ assisstance

Aldwinn88

A 7 band graphic is going to be pretty sweeping (no pun intended) in its effect, because each fader will cover a wide frequency range, so adjust judiciously. When I used a graphic-equipped TE head, I'd start with everything set flat and then increase the amount of gain on each fader one at a time (and take it back to zero before adjusting the next). It was pretty obvious which was least to my liking and once I'd found it (or them), it was just a matter of reducing it until I was happy with the tone. Be aware that they will affect each other, so be prepared to experiment to get it to your liking. Adjust using your ears, not your eyes. It doesn't matter what it looks like, as long as it sounds right. Generally, cut is preferable to boost and be careful not to attempt to make up for cabinet deficiencies (particularly at the low end) by using large amounts of boost. You can easily run out of headroom and fry your drivers.  

• Like 1